Student's T test P-value?

  • polyman71
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2, 2007
      I am looking for an example program that computes a student's t test and produces a P-
      value form the test.

      Can anyone point me towards an example?

      Thanks,
      Mike
    • Gary Wardall
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 19, 2007
        --- In chipmunkbasicforum@yahoogroups.com, polyman71 <
        no_reply@...> wrote:

        > I am looking for an example program that computes a
        student's t test and produces a P-
        > value form the test.
        >
        > Can anyone point me towards an example?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Mike

        Mike,

        Are you still looking for such a program? About 20 years or so I
        created Basic programs for the cumulative t, F, Chi^2, and
        Normal distributions. I have them on file in my desk. I'll see if I
        can dig them and update them. They were made to run in Turbo
        Bacis if my memory serves me well, which it often doesn't. With
        the start of school shortly I have other priorities.

        I too do some programming in Chipmunk Basic. This summer I
        have been working on Optimiaztion. I have a failrly good Linear
        Program program. But, most I'm more interested in Non Linear
        Opimization. I have a series of programs for it of which I have
        had good success with.

        Good luck with your work with statistics. I may also begin again
        with stats and basic. I'll start looking for those file today.

        Gary Wardall
        wardallg@...
        gpwardall@...