Re: Serial I/O on OSX 1.4.9 Please Help

  • rhnlogic
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 7, 2007
      What does macfunction("serialpath",n) return for n = 1 thru 4?
      Or ls -l the /dev directory to see what new device appeared after
      plugging in your serial device.
      One of those strings is probably what to use between the two ":" in
      the Chipmunk Basic open COM1 command.

      I just tested an IOGear GUC232A USB-Serial adapter with a lookback
      stub, on a MacBook running 10.4.9 running Chipmunk Basic 3.6.3, and it
      seemed to echo just file.

      --- In chipmunkbasicforum@yahoogroups.com, "wetoperations" <karl@...>
      wrote:

      > I have been trying for 2 days to access a serial device using
      Chipmunk Basic 3.6.3b7.

      > This device only comunicates at 2400 Baud. I can access this device
      from Zterm just fine.

      > I have tried many versions of the serial port example program in the
      OSX man.

      > I have also tried these on the built in modem of my G4 Powerbook. I
      can not make this
      > work.
      >
      > Any help would be greatly apreciated I am up against a deadline I
      wasted 4 days trying to
      > get this to work in TCL (no fconfigure -mode in OSX version of TCL)
      and I was really