File Copy

  • jamesrosensteel
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 4, 2002
      I'm looking for a way to copy a pdf file to a location in a variable
      in a chipmunk program. Anyone know of a way to do this????

      Thanks.
    • L'Abominable
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 5, 2002
      • gripperusa
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 5, 2002
          --- In chipmunkbasicforum@y..., "jamesrosensteel"
          <jamesrosensteel@y...> wrote:
          > I'm looking for a way to copy a pdf file to a location in a
          variable
          > in a chipmunk program. Anyone know of a way to do this????
          >
          > Thanks.

          I assume you're on a Mac, I can't recall if I ever knew how to
          copy a file, form one location to another, but on unix I would
          sys("cp -pr thefile.pdf /anotherlocation/thefile.pdf")
          or
          A$ - "cp -pr thefile.pdf /anotherlocation/thefile.pdf"
          sys(A$)
          Hope this helps, if not, tell me more - Rick
        • Larry Anderson
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 5, 2002
            Oohh That's tough, in FoxBase I just use the Copy File command, doesn't
            look like Chipmunk has that option. Though you sould be able to do it
            in Applescript... (yeah I know it's a pain, but it does have some nice
            powerful features).

            Ah! found out you can even create a script via CB and call it:

            go to the Reference Manual...

            http://www.nicholson.com/rhn/basic/CB.Ref-Mac.html

            and look for
            call "applescript", script$

            you can write the script in an array and set the paths more easily...

            (if you haven't used Applescript - start by using Applescript's Editor's
            record featureto record you copying a file then look at your recording
            in the script editor to help figure out how to write your custom script. :-)

            Hope that helps!

            Larry

            --
            01000011 01001111 01001101 01001101 01001111 01000100 01001111 01010010 01000101
            Larry Anderson - Sysop of Silicon Realms BBS (209) 754-1363
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 6, 2002