console window AND dos

  • techlinks
    Message 1 of 3 , May 31, 2002
      Hello...I have Chipmunk Basic version 3.5.8.b5 for
      both Windows and DOS. I'm trying to accomplish the
      following:

      1. Clear Screen (i.e. remove ALL contents from the screen)
      2. Programatically position a character (e.g. '*') in a
      specific X,Y location with the GOTOXY statement
      3. dynamically and statically set the console window dimensions
      with the WINDOW X, Y, CHAR_COLS, CHAR_LINES statement

      Question....do any of these facilities work in the DOS/WINDOWS
      version? They don't seem too. Can anyone who uses these facilities
      assist me to how this is accomplished in the DOS/WINDOWS version of
      Chipmunk BASIC?

      Thank you.

      Techlinks
    • huffmanmb
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 3, 2002
        I use the following to clear the screen:

        SYS( "command.com /c cls" ) ' Win98/Win2K Clear Screen

        From the Chipmunk Basic home page and man page I believe
        graphics commands like GOTOXY; WINDOW X, Y; etc. are only
        supported in the Macintosh version.

        That said, the SYS function shown above, as well as GETENV$()
        and ARGV$ functions are listed as UNIX functions, but seem to
        work fine under Windows.

        Regards,
        Mike Huffman
      • gripperusa