File input into fields

  • mrz87239
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 9, 2005
      Hi,

      I'm looking for how to input text data from a file into individual
      fields. I have been able to input numeric data into fields, but text
      data doesn't seem to work the same way.

      Here is a sample of what I'd like to do:
      Data file:
      Fred Smith, 123 Cherry Lane, Somewhere

      Basic instruction:
      input #1,name$,addr$,city$

      And yes, I've tried putting " around the string data. The problem
      seems that all the data is loaded into the first srting variable.

      I'm trying to teach my students how to program and need a simple way
      to input record data into seperate fields.

      Can anyone help?

      Jim