Older Semiconductor Hardcopy Data Books

  • semimanphx
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 10, 2006
      I have been in the semiconductor industry since 1979, and am one of
      Jaaps' earliest fans and Chip Directory advertisers. I am currently
      an independent consultant, and in recent months I have found that
      many people are trashing old hard copy data books for various
      reasons including lack of space, lack of use, moving, etc. Based on
      Jaap's suggestion, I am posting here an alternative.

      I am offering to "rescue" and preserve data books from any component
      family and manufacturer (1970's – 1990's). I will pay reasonable
      shipping costs for small domestic (United States) and international
      shipments, and will make pickup arrangements for any very large
      domestic collections. These books will become part of a permanent
      library to be used for historical research.

      Thank you for any assistance you can provide, and please contact me
      if you would like to donate any books.

      Dave York
      icmicroanalysis@...
    • Declan Moriarty
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 17, 2006
        On Tue, 2006-07-11 at 05:58 +0000, semimanphx wrote:
        > I have been in the semiconductor industry since 1979, and am one of
        > Jaaps' earliest fans and Chip Directory advertisers. I am currently
        > an independent consultant, and in recent months I have found that
        > many people are trashing old hard copy data books for various
        > reasons including lack of space, lack of use, moving, etc. Based on
        > Jaap's suggestion, I am posting here an alternative.
        >
        > I am offering to "rescue" and preserve data books from any component
        > family and manufacturer (1970's – 1990's). I will pay reasonable
        > shipping costs for small domestic (United States) and international
        > shipments, and will make pickup arrangements for any very large
        > domestic collections. These books will become part of a permanent
        > library to be used for historical research.
        >
        > Thank you for any assistance you can provide, and please contact me
        > if you would like to donate any books.

        I am in Dublin Ireland. Since I am closing down, you (Or anyone local
        who wants them) can have everything I've got - going from a 1977
        National Semi linear book, 1982/6 D.A.T.A. collection, various CDROMs, a
        good selection of Siemens stuff from around 1990, and various transistor
        books. Someone gets all or nothing, and sooner rather than later.
        --
        With Best Regards,

        Declan Moriarty.