"EA7" TO-3 transistors?

  • Declan Moriarty
    Message 1 of 3 , May 3, 2005
      Hi folks.

      Mail problems a plenty at the moment. I am also looking for Data of some
      sort on TO-3 transistors with EA7 printed on them, and '34' in marker
      under the heat sink paste.

      They are in pairs in a range of Ultrasonic cleaners (Spanish), and will
      be capable of at least 600V, Doing the sums, It could not be more than 5
      or 6 amps, but it's always nice to know a little before you start
      shoving parts in and smoke testing them.

      --

      With best Regards,

      Declan Moriarty.
      Author: Declan Moriarty
      INET: junk_mail@...

      Fat City Hosting, San Diego, California -- http://www.fatcity.com
    • Jan Wuesten
      Message 2 of 3 , May 3, 2005
        Date sent: Tue, 03 May 2005 08:15:21 -0800
        To: Multiple recipients of list CHIPDIR-L <CHIPDIR-L@...>
        Send reply to: CHIPDIR-L@...

        > Hi folks.
        >
        > Mail problems a plenty at the moment. I am also looking for Data of some
        > sort on TO-3 transistors with EA7 printed on them, and '34' in marker
        > under the heat sink paste.
        >
        > They are in pairs in a range of Ultrasonic cleaners (Spanish), and will
        > be capable of at least 600V, Doing the sums, It could not be more than 5
        > or 6 amps, but it's always nice to know a little before you start
        > shoving parts in and smoke testing them.

        if they are switching only and do not work in linear mode, this
        sounds VERY much like a TV deflection switcher like BU208A etc.

        BU 208 is pretty multi purpose, I would give those a try.

        If you need data, I can email you some off the list.

        Janmit freundlichen Gruessen---best regards----cordialement

        Dipl.-Ing. Jan Philipp Wuesten

        Frag'Jan Zuerst -----Ask Jan First(R)
        Dipl. Ing. Jan Philipp Wuesten Elektronik
        Preiler Ring 10 ; D- 25774 Lehe, Germany
        Phone: +49-4882-6054551 Fax : +49-4882-6054552
        <http://www.die-wuestens.de> (Deutsch, English, Francais)
        mail to <FJZ@...> or <FJZ@...>

        Aktuelle Info: Abonnieren Sie unseren Newsletter
        Stay updated: Subscribe to our newsletter:
        Restez en ligne: Abonnez-vous à notre courriel de nouvelles:

        Info: <http://www.wuesten.net/news.htm>

        Author: Jan Wuesten
        INET: fjz@...

        Message 3 of 3 , May 3, 2005
          On Tue, May 03, 2005 at 08:25:21AM -0800, Jan Wuesten enlightened us
          thusly
          > Date sent: Tue, 03 May 2005 08:15:21 -0800 To:
          > Multiple recipients of list CHIPDIR-L <CHIPDIR-L@...> Send
          > reply to: CHIPDIR-L@... Organization: Fat City Network
          > Services, San Diego, California
          >
          > > Hi folks.
          > >
          > > Mail problems a plenty at the moment. I am also looking for Data of
          > > some sort on TO-3 transistors with EA7 printed on them, and '34' in
          > > marker under the heat sink paste.
          > >
          > > They are in pairs in a range of Ultrasonic cleaners (Spanish), and
          > > will be capable of at least 600V, Doing the sums, It could not be
          > > more than 5 or 6 amps, but it's always nice to know a little before
          > > you start shoving parts in and smoke testing them.
          >
          > if they are switching only and do not work in linear mode, this sounds
          > VERY much like a TV deflection switcher like BU208A etc.
          >
          > BU 208 is pretty multi purpose, I would give those a try.
          >
          > If you need data, I can email you some off the list.

          I had actually reached into my stock of to3 transistors (which are
          stored in drawers stacked sideways), rediscovered Newton's Law of
          Gravity and extracted some BU208s. (8a/1500V). You always wonder if
          these parts are 6kv/600A in some magic new device.

          Thanks , but I'll skip the data and waste some BU208s
          --

          With best Regards,

          Declan Moriarty.
          Author: Declan Moriarty