Re: SMD component iD

  • Richard Purdie
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 1, 2005
      Fred Townsend:
      > Something like this?
      >
      > http://rocky.digikey.com/WebLib/Panasonic/Web%20data/ERB%20Series.pdf

      Yes, I suspect it is something like that. I just can't find any manufacturer
      that makes them with the marking "LB". (I've checked AVX, Bussmann,
      Littelfuse and now Panasonic).

      Further to my previous comments about the large current rating 1A (if that's
      what it is), the LTC1932 can draw upto 600mA upon startup according to the
      datasheet so a 1A fuse would suddenly make a lot more sense.

      The closest I can get is this fuse from Wickmann marked "LD" which is 1A,
      0603 in size and from the looks of the picture, white ceramic with a black
      top!

      http://www.wickmann.com/download/t1/vol1/sonst/adm/links/public/multi_lng/FCD0603_Datenblatt.pdf

      Having typed the above, I found a cross reference of chip fuses:
      http://www.aem-usa.com/hrc/indcatalog/chipfuse_xref.pdf . This lists
      manufacturers so I searched each manufacturer in turn for 0603 sized fuses
      starting with the Japanese looking names as this is from a Japanese device.

      http://www.kamaya.com/2005_catalog/fccfhc.pdf

      lists an FCC16 102 AB with a marking LB so I appear to have found it!

      Now I know what it is, I can look into a substitution :)

      Cheers,

      Richard

      Author: Richard Purdie
      INET: rpurdie@...

      Fat City Hosting, San Diego, California -- http://www.fatcity.com
    • Erhan Kaya
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 1, 2005
        I think it's a 100 Ohm 1% resistor marked per method
        EIA-96.

        I've seen this before and searched for it in the past.
        Please see the below reference:

        http://www.marsport.demon.co.uk/smd/res.htm

        Erhan
        Happy New Year to all...
        Hopefully Without Wars and Disasters...

        http://mail.yahoo.com
        Author: Erhan Kaya
        INET: philipchip@...

        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 1, 2005
          Wait a sec! Sorry guys, I thought the 1A was on the
          component, apparently that's a marking on the board.

          Oh well, we can never over-communicate, as my old boss
          always said. :-)

          Erhan

          http://my.yahoo.com

          Author: Erhan Kaya
          INET: philipchip@...

          Fat City Hosting, San Diego, California -- http://www.fatcity.com
        • Fred Townsend

            Date: 30/12/2004

            Author: Richard Purdie
              INET: rpurdie@...

            Fat City Hosting, San Diego, California --
            http://www.fatcity.com

            removed

            from).  You may
            also send the HELP command for other information
            (like subscribing).

            protection around
            http://mail.yahoo.com

            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 1, 2005
              well, if you check the link below, "01" means 100
              ohms, "A" means the multiplier is 1. That's where 100
              ohms came from.

              but again, the subject component does not read 1A, so
              my argument is only for info, it does not help to
              answer the initial question.

              Erhan

              === message truncated ===

              http://celebrity.mail.yahoo.com
              Author: Erhan Kaya
              INET: philipchip@...

              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 1, 2005
                I think this proves you can over communicate.

                Fred