RE: PLD programming

  • David Timmins
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 1998
      > I'm new to PLDs, I've been doing some research in the web
      > and in some databooks, I know the basis of PLD design, I
      > found the PALasm and the Win-CUPL software at Vantis and
      > Atmel's sites.
      >
      > I have some doubts about PLD programming standards:
      >
      > Once I have the JEDEC file from the Vantis PALasm software
      > of a device like the PALCE16V8 Can I program any generic
      > 16V8 GAL or just the ones from Vantis ?

      yes I believe so. I have used some software from National Semiconductor
      call "Plan" to generate JEDEC files and have subsequently used the files in
      other brands with no problem. Never tried a Vantis device though.

      David Timmins

      Author: David Timmins
      INET: dtimmins@...

      Fat City Network Services -- (619) 538-5051 FAX: (619) 538-5051