Re: Intel & USB Devices

  • Declan. Moriarty
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2003
      On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 09:26:51PM -0800, Jeremy N.E. Proffitt enlightened us thusly
      > I am trying to locate information for Intel's N80930AD4 chip. I think it's either a USB interface or microcontroller with USB. But if you try to look at Intel's USB site, it's forbidden. I don't think they even make these chips anymore, but deny everyone information?
      >
      > thanks
      > Jeremy

      I presume you know what you are talking about, Jeremy, but the only
      80930 devices that showed in ICMaster (2k version) are by Seiko.

      Are you sure these devices exist? Are you sure they are not some fpga or
      the like?

      --

      With best Regards,

      Declan Moriarty.
      Author: Declan. Moriarty
      INET: tech.genius@...

    • Uwe Zimmermann
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2003
        JNEP> I am trying to locate information for Intel's N80930AD4 chip. I think it's either a USB interface or microcontroller with USB. But if you try to look at Intel's USB site, it's forbidden. I
        JNEP> don't think they even make these chips anymore, but deny everyone information?

        JNEP> thanks
        JNEP> Jeremy

        Well, denying information is one of the top policies of Intel (and
        alike). The chip is an 80(2)51 microcontroller with internal USB
        interface. This might help:

        http://www.mit.edu/afs/sipb/contrib/doc/specs/ic/bridge/i8x930ax.pdf

        additional links:
        http://www.geocrawler.com/archives/3/295/1998/12/50/1636279/