Re: chip questions...

  • Jaap van Ganswijk
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 1, 2002
      At 2002-11-30 18:23 -0800, Jaap van Ganswijk wrote:
      >>> 93051/xboja ---This one, I think it is an EEPROM, is a 8-pin SO8
      >>> chip, whith its pin1 connected to the PC2 port of a X68HC microprocessor;
      >>> The pin3 is connected to the PC1/TCMP port; The pin4 and pin6 are connected
      >>> to gnd; pin8 is VCC+.
      >>
      >>You can verify this by checking if the aforementioned port has serial
      >>capability. Is this a military thing you're reverse engineering?
      >
      >It's possible to do serial protocols on all the I/O
      >pins using software, but it's more logical to use
      >the SPI interface if the component isn't using
      >the I2C-bus or the one-wire Dallas-bus (now Mitel).

      That should be Maxim instead of Mitel.

      Thanks to Bob Paddock for sending me a correction.
      It's hard to keep up with all those take-overs
      lately. I try to unburden my brain by keeping
      track of them in the Chipdir, but I should have
      checked of course...

      Greetings,
      Jaap

      -- Chip Directory
      -- http://www.chipdir.biz/
      -- http://www.chipdir.info/
      -- http://www.chipdir.net/
      -- http://www.chipdir.nl/
      -- http://www.chipdir.org/
      -- And about 30 other mirror sites world-wide.
      -- in the body 'subscribe chipdir-L'. About 500 experts are
      -- willing to think with you about electronics problems etc.

      Author: Jaap van Ganswijk
      INET: ganswijk@...

    • da Silva, Joe
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 1, 2002
        Actually, I think "93051" should be "93C51", a fairly common
        device, IIRC. Data should be available from Fairchild's web site.

        Joe.

        ____

        Author: da Silva, Joe
        INET: Joe.daSilva@...