RE: Single chip Tuners anyone?

  • Elbert Smit
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2002
      Hello Sunil,

      > Does anyone work with TV tuners?

      Yep, I use one almost every evening ;-)

      Regards,

      Elbert Smit.
      --
      Author: Elbert Smit
      INET: E.Smit@...

    • Declan Moriarty
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2002
        Was it Sunil Grover who wrote on Tuesday 01 October 2002 06:33:
        > Does anyone work with TV tuners?

        Did a little ?? years back. Basics only. There is/was books of tv schematics
        for you to learn from.

        Might I now suggest you start your design with a read of a tv remote control
        chip datasheet, e.g. SAA125x or SAA 129x? This is an adjustable source of
        voltage for the the varicap diodes. It's the bit that is part of the tuner
        these days but isn't in it :-/. A hell of a lot better than 15 '2000 turn'
        pots in a row to be adjusted, which was the old way.

        --
        Regards,

        Declan Moriarty

        Applied Researches - Ireland's Foremost Electronic Hardware Genius

        A Slightly Serious(TM) Company

        Without the optimist, the pessimist wouldn't know how happy he isn't

        Author: Declan Moriarty
        INET: tech.genius@...