Suanni & Shizu Ò©óó »P ·à¤l

  • rudy8k
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2002
      There is an excellant article by Mr. Zhang Zhi-jie on the topic of
      Suanni & Shizu in the Journal of China Historical Materials of
      Science and Technology, Vol 22 -4 (2001-December), pp 363-367.
      ISSN1000-0798.

      I don't imagine the general public will have ready access to this
      journal outside of universities in China. It would be a shame not to
      share the findings of Mr. Zhang in his article entitled :
      "A Tentative Inquiry into the Eastward Spread of the Two Terms suanni
      and shizi"

      I have taken the liberty of posting it in the "File" section
      under the file name "Suanni & Shizu".
      There is an English Abstract of this article on the last page
      (xuni5.pdf).
      The picture of a suanni, as illustrated in the classic text Er-ya
      º¸¶®
      ¨¥¹Ï¡C®Ê¡C³¢¿\¡Min file xuni6.pdf.