Re: Capacity for Photos

  • timink
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 3, 2002
      --- In chinathebeautiful@y..., rudy8k <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > Dear Tin-Kay:
      >
      > I have deleted 2 folders (Chinese Science & I ching diagrams). This
      > should free up lots of space for your photos. If you hit the max
      > capacilty, it will not allow you to post new ones.
      >
      > Rudy

      Dear Rudy

      Some of the photos are of high quality and it will be a waste to
      delete them. Is it possible for us to save them somewhere in an
      archive in CTB for later use, i.e. if Ming is having an archive site.
      Alternatively, one of us can download the photos and save them in the
      computer and later download it into a CD. If we want to refer to a
      past photo, at least there is recourse.

      Tin-Kay
    • chinabeautiful
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 4, 2002
        Dear Tin-Kay and Rudy:
        Thanks to Rudy for making more room in the Photo Section.
        There is a reasonable amount of space for Tin-Kay and
        others to upload photos etc. to this Yahoo space.

        However, it has never been our intention or purpose for
        this space to server as "archives" of photos.

        The main function is to allow any casual visitor to
        upload something - quick and easy - in connection with
        his message.

        Tin-Kay needs a formal solution which gives him more
        space. More importantly, it should make it possible for
        others to browse and see. It should not be just dead
        storage.

        I shall be sending Tin-Kay and Rudy email to offer a
        better solution, independent of Yahoo.

        Ming