116

  • Rafael Calinisan
    Feb 15, 2008

      LEADERS NOT FOR SALE
      Statement of the Law Student Government Coordinating Council (LSGCC)
      February 14, 2008
      Malcolm Hall, UP Diliman

      The Law Student Government Coordinating Council, composed of the Student Councils of the Ateneo, UP, UST and UE Schools of Law denounce in the strongest possible terms the blatant and arrogant disrespect for the rule of law by the current administration. We are extremely disappointed with the brand of leadership being displayed by the so called leaders of the republic. We do not want to inherit a country powered by greed for power and money. We demand inspiration through leadership by example.

      We deplore the patent disregard for human rights and humanity just to protect the interests of a few.  Such blatant display is definitely not in line with the Rule of Law.  After all, the law should be applied to all – not just for the benefit of a select few.

      We support Mr. Jun Lozada and his fight to reveal the truth to restore decency and integrity for our motherland.  Saludo po kami sa inyo, Mr. Lozada.

      For the love of God and country, we, the presidents and the members of the student governments of Ateneo, UP, UST and UE Schools of Law, are imploring the President, to please resign at the soonest possible time.  We want leaders who can inspire us.  Napakahirap pong mamuno kung wala na pong naniniwala sa inyong pamahalaan.  Please lang po, tama na po.

      This is also a plea to those implicated in the controversy for them to take full responsibility for their acts.

      This is also a call for Secretary Neri, and to those who have knowledge of the questionable practices in government to please surface and save this country.  Please shun your fear and speak the truth that you know.

      Nanawagan po kami ulit sa lahat ng estudyante, at sa bawat Pilipino na may takot pa sa Diyos, na manindigan naman.  Kahit mga ordinaryong mamamayan lang po tayo, idagdag po natin ang ating boses sa panawagan na ito.  Kasalanan din po ang manahimik.

      Again, we invite all law students and each and every God fearing Filipino to condemn the questionable acts by the current administration. Such have no place in Philippine democracy. Our country is not for sale.

      Please wear red on Friday to show your support for this cause.

      Rafael Vicente Calinisan, CPA
      Chair, LSGCC
      President, Ateneo Law Student Council
      (0917)8441111

      Lorybeth Baldrias-Serrano, CPA
      President, UP Law Student Government
      (0917)8898783

      Charls Mark Parcia
      President, UST Civil Law Student Council
      (0906)3098379

      Rex Panti
      President, UE Law Student Council
      (0917)8071995