cursed as abortionists by the right and eugenicists by the left.

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 14, 2010
              Here in the USA, we overpopulation activists are almost universally cursed as abortionists by the right and eugenicists by the left, leaving us little choice but to concentrate into localized majorities and use MUNICIPAL government to fund contraception.

              What limited success we have had has been with numbersUSA and the right wing xenophobes, which has heightened our denunciations from the left, but resulted in a winning anti-immigration majority.  However we are very aware that this coalition puts contraception and abortion at risk even though they are far more cost-effective than hiring either border guards or land-use planners.  I think the best plan is to allow contraception and abortion to be attacked and then break with the right only when the moderates join the left in their defense.  Meanwhile we can back the xenophobes in cutting immigration and breeder subsidies and let the left scream whatever they want in their helpless minority tirades until they learn to prioritize contraception over multiculturalism.
              NumbersUSA:
      has an excellent free fax system that always allows a PS statement and modification, and I always include modifications to demand contraception funding and exemptions for sterile and gay immigrants.

      So our best national scale hopes are in simultaneous issue based coalitions with the xenophobes and the feminists, but our REAL hope is not national.  It is with selected LOCAL governments where we are concentrated and where we can concentrate further.  However land use planning hinders our ability to concentrate and so must be replaced by contraception, which is far more cost-effective anyway.

      Meanwhile, the only reason to vote for either major party is to more evenly split and gridlock the legislature thus giving third party candidates, like ours, the deciding vote.
      -Alan

      PS I'm going to add one bit of advise to land-use planners to save themselves from complete hostility by overpopulation activists.  If they would learn to limit the SIZE of homes rather than the NUMBER of homes, thus limiting the amount of room for children in each housing unit, land-use planners could at least stop actively causing overpopulation.

      Re: Population boom inevitable, PM told

      Posted by: "William Bourke" stablepopulation@...   stablepopulation

      Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:37 pm (PST)

      Dear Frosty

      Thanks for your interest in SPA and Australia.

      From a personal viewpoint though, I must admit a few things do concern me.

      In particular, your focus on immigration and the loss of Australian culture, language, etc.

      As a humble member of SPA, I am not aware that culture is an issue for our organisation.

      In Australia, some are trying hard to educate the public that the population debate is not about immigration per se. Growing local, or by immigration, is not sustainable. It will not make any difference what culture is dominant in Australia if we irrecoverably overload our country and the planet.

      I am concerned that comments in Australia linking population and the environment to culture and language will result in people criticising us for using 'population' as a cloak. That wouldn't be helpful in my view.

      Regards

      William Bourke

      Moms Asked to Return to School
      Grant Funding May Be Available to Those That Qualify.
      SeeCollegeDegrees.com