Re: Stable Population Party News

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 17, 2010
              Greg is more than right.  Get the local toehold before putting ANY resources into any nationwide effort.  Doing so is the most common strategic error of atartup parties worldwide.  But even Greg does not go far enough.  Don't even start with senate seats. Start with local councils and carefully analyse how council policies can effect population.  And even if they can't, which is highly improbable, local councillors still have a bully pulpit from which to lead the debate and a platform from which to seek higher office.

      -----------------------------

      Re: Stable Population Party News

      Posted by: "Gregary Boyles" greg@...

      Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:07 pm (PDT)

      William it was always going to be a Herculean task to get fully up and
      running with candidates across Australia by the current election. So I don't
      think anyone is going to hold you accountable for the fact we didn't make
      it.

      I always thought that it would be more cost effective in the short term to
      target plum senate seats in SE QLD etc where dissatisfaction with population
      growth is at its most intense anyway. You can worry about expanding to other
      seats across the nation once you have a toe hold in the senate.

      I am happy to do what I can for plan B.

      Top-Rated MBA Online
      Earn Your MBA In 2 Years. No GMAT Required. 100% Online Program!
      FloridaTechOnlineMBA.com?