Re: let's see them. Re: [LD_USA] allowance.

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2009
              Slow and easy is what I think will end up happening regardless of whether it is the plan.  Though it might get sped up by economic or sociopolitcoeconomic displacement like the California Okies or Katrina evacuees by a crisis.  Absentee voters might get us from 40% to 51%, but I doubt they will launch us from 10% or less.  We need to reach 40% the slow and painful way with permanent resettlement as is starting in Grafton, Ave Maria, and perhaps SC.  Remember that not every political migrant tells us about it.  I have a conservative ex neighbor who recently moved to SC partly for political reasons, but he didn't post it on the internet anywhere.
               I moved to Northampton MA for political reasons years ago ('87), when I was more of a leftist, though I was sorely disappointed especially by zoning, which began my split from the left.  But again that didn't get posted on the web.
      -Al

      On Thu, 2 Apr 2009 21:57:46 -0500 Bobby Yates Emory <liberty1@...> writes:
      Alan,

      I am really impressed with all those ongoing project we have going.  NOT!

      With the possible exception of Grafton, no libertarians have moved to any of them.

      A few Christians moved to SC - not enough to elect a city council - and they are spread out..

      Try again - we have no projects in operation - 0.

      (Reality note  - a little progress is being made in Grafton.  Slow and easy might be a workable plan.)

      Bobby

      On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 10:53 AM, <aditmore@...> wrote:

      LC is mostly right on this, we need to start with at least 2 and maybe more, as we really already have, with libertarians in Grafton NH, West TX, NV, and Philipsburg MT and conservative Christians in SC, wherever GW is, and Ellis county.  Gned persists in interest in Ellis county but really should transfer that interest to Parker County or Jarrell, where Libertarians already hold office.  The only coalition necessary, beyond referrals and opposing federal intervention, might be in opposing Texas state intervention.  Anyway, that makes 6 sites in development already with various people accepting various sites for various reasons.  I would say that Grafton NH is the farthest along with libertarians and would go there myself if it wasn't for geographic/climate considerations.  The politics alone point to Grafton NH.
      Moving is a personal and long term decision and the best I think we can do is provide the information and referrals to help the most people make the most informed decisions.
      As for me.  I plan to convert an old school bus into an RV and visit Jarrell, Lago Vista, maybe Garrett as a longshot, Annetta South in Parker, Loving, Paulville/Hudspeth, Mound House NV, Crescent Valley NV, and if summer, Philipsburg MT.  Perhaps if I visit my sister in MA then I might get up to Grafton NH as well on another trip.  And on these trips I look at real estate and rentals except in Grafton.
      By the way, my project bus is a 68 Chevy 50 series with no engine or trans and did you know that some of these came with a 3 cylender detroit diesel??? the 3-53??? boy that must have been slow!!  My favorite is the 4-53 diesel or V6-53 but my bus originally had the 250-L6 gas.  But whatever I get I will need the right engine mounts and bellhousing so if anyone out there has access to old chevy truck parts I am beginning a serious search for the mounts and bellhousing.  The Detroit 4-71 would make a lot of sense but they never put it in the 50 series, so I don't know if it will fit.
       -Al

      On Wed, 1 Apr 2009 18:10:20 -0700 (PDT) Louis Charles <lcharles14@...> writes:
      Who cares what project becomes the first?  The bottom line is, not everyone will support Mr.Emory's covenent, thusly we do need others with other basic structures for their prospective government to try something simultaneously.

      No way you are going to get CP types to support a LP laboratory and vice versa.  The object is to keep the factions on our side of the Liberty fence from fighting each other.  Find like-mindeds and work with "le cage a folle".  Show us; don't tell us.  Let's see how your ideal local government handles things.

      LC

      ...building a "well regulated militia", city by city... county by county.  Where will you get your badge?

      From: lcharles14@yahoo. com
      Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 21:10:36 -0700
      Subject: [LD_USA] allowance.

      the "movement" is defined distinctly by what each LD-USA project does.  The allowing you talk about goes according to the respective leader(s) of each.  This list is simply an open forum for you to promote your activity (once you provide your charter).

      LC

      ...building a "well regulated militia", city by city... county by county.  Where will you get your badge?

      From: lcharles14@yahoo. com
      Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 18:32:02 -0700

      I will NOT be getting involved in BadBoy's effort.  Aside from Granny's crappola you have exposed, Badnarik needs to do some serious explanation about where that $1/2Million went in '06..  ...and blaming it on his bullcrap manager doesn't cut it in my book..

      However, on the LD-USA list, there is room for discussion/promotio n of their effort.  As long as they stay on topic they are welcome to use the forum.

      LC