Re: [ChildfreeMs] Re: New York Times Article "Does Having Children Make You Unhappy?"

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2009
      First, people can't usually breed in prison and to that extent prison is
      good until such time as chemical castration of criminals becomes
      politically viable. Second, France is increasing social services like
      schools in order to INCREASE fertility, third, I won't be blackmailed by
      breeders. Fourth, it is only ONE very specific and budgetarily tiny
      fraction of education, contraceptive and overpopulation education, that
      reduces fertility, and that can be done through PSAs, not budget busting
      education in general, and fifth, Russia's fertility rate declined during
      an economic crisis in which public schools were cut, as did the US in the
      1930s.
      You have reverse causality correlation. High fertility rates cause bad
      schools, not visa versa.
      Oh and lastly, Public schools are one of the few breeder
      subsidies that can be attacked on the local level in towns where
      overpopulation activists are most concentrated, the ONLY way the
      overpopulation movement can be politically viable when political
      minorities get nothing. If 49.9% of the voters, in a nation OR TOWN,
      believe in overpopulation, the effect on policy is zero if not negative
      due to contrarian reaction. Therefore we must relocate into local
      majorities and cut schools, in which case hopefully we won't have
      breeders for neighbors anyway.
      -Al

      On Fri, 03 Apr 2009 01:51:02 -0000 "e> writes:
      > Here's the reason that it makes sense for everyone to fund public
      > education. Some states used to determine how much prison space they
      > needed based on literacy rates or graduation rates because these
      > were such good indicators of how many people were likely to commit
      > crimes. (I don't know if they still do this and I'm too busy to
      > research that right now.) There is a direct correlation between
      > lack of education and criminal behavior of all types. Thus, it
      > benefits me to educate my neighbor's kid so that he or she doesn't
      > one day break into my house. Public education is necessary because
      > most people would not be able to afford a private school for their
      > children. Even when you account for the money they'd save in
      > property taxes or other taxes that fund education, they still would
      > pay much more. This would price people out of education and lead to
      > a host of other problems. Moreover, people are statistically more
      > likely to have large families if they are less educated. For every
      > degree that a person holds, there is a statistical decline in the
      > number of children that he or she will have. This means that public
      > education gives school access to a large percentage of the
      > population, decreases those people's chances of committing crimes,
      > and decreases the number of children that they will produce. Add to
      > that the fact that teenagers, particularly girls, are far less
      > likely to engage in sex when they've had sex education, at school,
      > that includes discussion of diseases, prevention, pregnancy, etc.
      > It is purely in my own interest that I pay such taxes. Pragmatism,
      > plain and simple. :)
      >
      > --- In ChildfreeMs@yahoogroups.com, aditmore@... wrote:
      > >
      > > A deadbeat is a deadbeat regardless of what society generally
      > excepts.
      > > -Al
      > >
      > > On Thu, 02 Apr 2009 19:00:26 -0000 "speedwalkie" <speedwalkie@...>
      > > writes:
      > > > I don't think a parent utilizing public schools is a "deadbeat".
      > Our
      > > > society generally accepts the existence and expense of public
      > > > education. It's a default assumption that parents will send
      > their
      > > > children to public schools.
      > > >
      > > > What isn't generally assumed is that a parent will abdicate his
      > home
      > > > responsibilities, which include feeding and providing a home for
      > his
      > > > own offspring. Ignoring that responsibility, and not actively
      > > > ensuring someone else assumes that responsibility makes a parent
      > > > deadbeat.

      > > > deadbeat
      >
      > > > taxes help
      > > > underreported.

      > > > <speedwalkie@>
      >
      > > > makes my
      > doing
      > and
      > > > the
      >
      > > > toward
> [...]
      Click now to save big on brand name luggage.
      http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/BLSrjpTH1CoAnSMrEtIhaAWh1iGGfQMRsY8HPCShgiiHhECVm7xFn1l6xpu/