Re: Northern Nevada liberty district

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28, 2009
      Discussion is why I included links to the other liberty district
      yahoogroups below, which contain lengthier discussions than you would
      ever want to wade through. My personal one is the childfreetown one. My
      chief personal libertarian frustration is that I am a mechanic and very
      much want to run and/or have access to a junkyard for parts and find they
      are regulated into oligopolies in most places. Maybe if I go there I can
      help maintain the RVs, buses, and generators you mention on your site:
      http://www.nevadanranch.com/
      My objection to community property is it usually increases the
      cost of housing as it gets paid for by marking up the housing lots to
      cover the price. Then anything that marks up housing costs causes
      homelessness. Plus if it is considered environmental, like a nature
      preserve, then it is competing for attention and funding with
      environmental contraception and I resent competitive environmental
      efforts. However it may have a use if it can be used for wells or septic
      systems. Composting toilets have been done on quarter acres I think, so
      I think a 65 acre septic system might be overkill.
      Though I could see a use for a community junkyard with parts for RVs,
      buses and generators, with septic underneath.
      I have been hoping for a current effort in NV which you will see if you
      read my posts in the links below.
      Where was your old site and how was zoning there a problem? The owner of
      LD_USA tried to take over Esmeralda county NV about a decade or so ago
      but failed, gave up, and moved to west TX.
      I am selling my NC farm now and so should have money within the year.
      The trouble is that even 800 people are a bit hard to relocate.
      The Loving County TX project is challenging just about 80. Which is
      about the same number needed to incorporate a town in TX, which gets some
      limited autonomy. It may also be possible to incorporate a smaller
      school district which was tried near Phoenix AZ, a childfree school
      district with no taxes in a retirement community. However technically
      most retired people are not childfree but have grown children in other
      towns, but their school tax interests are similar.
      I am working on making buses and especially RVs more fuel efficient by
      installing small diesels and high cruising gears and am researching
      engine mounts etc. for the purpose like this:
      http://www.farmshow.com/issues/33/01/330102.asp
      As you can also see, the other liberty districts are proposed for either
      Texas or NH and NH is cold, wet and somewhat expensive where in Texas we
      keep rubbing elbows with pseudolibertarian theocrats causing endless
      confusion, so I'm really overjoyed to see action in NV.
      -Al

      On Sat, 28 Mar 2009 13:08:01 -0700 Billy Soloe
      <hungariankid@...> writes:
      > We are very liberty and freedom minded...dont know why you would be
      > opposed
      > to community property..but I respect your right to have thoughts
      > about it of
      > course...lakes and rivers are community property however I am
      > against taxing
      > folks to use it like in fishing licenses or any other tax...I am
      > against
      > taxes as well for the most part...We want to eliminate property
      > taxes as
      > well...as far as as incorporated town throwing off County...maybe I
      > didnt
      > make the point that we are attempting to take over county govt at
      > the ballot
      > box..there are only 700 to 800 people that vote in the elections
      > there and
      > that is a county wide total...there are only approx. 1800 people
      > that live
      > in the county...
      > would like to learn more and discuss views...we are always very open
      >
      > minded...thats how we learn from each other.
      > Billy

      Our detailing supplies really shine. Click now!
      http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/BLSrjpTNlxK6DIXr4QzEu68zzFhzKjYxsf2hmn2KvjC3XTIqLYylTFVmd9G/