Re: Oil Formation

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2012
      So the natural oil formation rate is approximately the oil supply divided by 200 million, until we get better data.  If we say the supply last(ed) 100 years at a population of 6 billion, the sustainable population estimate is: 6 billion *100 / 200 million = 3000 people.  Fine by me except that 3000 people might have trouble building an oil derreck for lack of industrial specialization.  Oh well, so what.  The methodology remains perfectly valid.
      -Alan

      A related question is: Was this algae buried all at the same time?  and what is the state of the algae that was buried more recently? say 190 million years ago?  Is it on track to become become petroleum in 10 million years?

      On Wed, 1 Feb 2012 22:06:24 +1100 "Ralph Bennett" <rpbennett@...> writes:

      Hi Alan,

      Permian deposits of coal/oil etc are around 200 million plus,  years old.

      Oil has been produced from algal growth…………..but at huge expense.

      Best regards,

      Ralph

      53 Year Old Mom Looks 33
      consumerproducts.com