Bias, NOT ignorance

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1 11:00 AM
      No, the Japan story is NOT ignorant reporting, it is BIASED reporting.
      The reporters have heard the sustainable population arguement many times
      and they don't believe it because they don't want to believe it; and they
      dont want to believe it because their brains have evolved for millenia
      not to believe it, along sociobiological lines.
      -Alan

      4b. Re: [PublicPopForum] Japan’s_Population_t o_Shrink_Nearly_a_Thir
      Posted by: "John Taves" john.taves@... johntaves1
      Date: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:14 pm ((PST))

      This is not biased reporting. This is ignorant reporting.

      Demographers have done a dreadful job at explaining these things so that
      reporters can state facts. Demographers are ignorant of several facts,
      just
      like the general population is ignorant of these issues.

      It is a fact that *every country on this planet is overpopulated because
      no
      country can feed their current numbers without using resources faster
      than
      they renew*. For example, we cannot create food for 7 billion people each
      day without burning oil faster than it is created by the planet. This is
      cold hard fact. There is no possibility for bias here. We might be able
      feed, say 1 billion people without consuming oil, but we do not know how
      feed 7 billion without consuming oil and without consuming plenty of
      other
      resources faster than they renew too. You don't need to calculate the
      number of people the planet can sustain, in order to recognize that we
      are
      overpopulated.