Re: Re: [childfreetown] Confessions of an Economic Hit Man.

  • Eco eau
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 15, 2012
      Dear Al, thanks for the comment.

      I agree with you. I am convinced that pronatalist abound in communist, religious, tribal, capitalist, environmentalist, and in most ideological and traditional fronts. Most people are driven and motivated by selfish and short term seductions.

      I my past mail I just wanted to signal HOW the HUGHE SCALE of indebtedness on developing nations and the enormous commercial interests of developed ones (supposedly the ones lending money, but in fact pillaging resources from the poor), possibly INFLUENCED, simultaneously BOTH (debtor and lender nations), THAT could SILENCE the message about the dangers of overpopulation, which was openly talked about in the sixties (you just send us a reminder about a speech from  Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. , May 5, 1966, talking about overpopulation. No more openness and clarity about overpopulation is heard these last decades.
          http://www.plannedparenthood.org/about-us/who-we-are/reverend-martin-luther-king-jr-4728.htm

      But as I said in my mail: any seller, any political leader, any parent, usually is seduced by petty power, sex or money, to forget about the consequences of his (hers) actions or omissions in talking.

      "Another part of the explanation about borrowing, is the credulity, conformism and selfishness (seduction) of most individuals, subject to daily and continuous bombarding by commercial advertising and political messages." *

                          * political messages can be also anti-imperialist ones, but not free from the economical pro-growth paradigm.

      Eco_h2o

      On Jan 15, 2012, aditmore@... wrote:

      No I don't see it because so many third world anti-imperialists leaders are or were themselves pronatalist, like Saddam Hussain, Hugo Chavez, the Taliban leaders, Mao etc.  I see as many overpopulation movement opponents in the anti-imperialist camp as the imperialist camp and hear a lot from African anti-imperialists how contraception aid is an impeialist plot.  So there are just too many anti-imperialist pronatalists out there, especially in the third world, for me to see much coalition potential between overpopulation activists and anti-imperialists.  No, we overpopulation activists are on our own.  Not even the feminists have helped us much.
      -Al