Re: [childfreetown] Confessions of an Economic Hit Man.

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 15, 2012
       Maybe it is not evident to many people, but for me these "economic strategies",  have a lot to do with overpopulation and the tabu to speak about it in many countries and the mainstream media.

      I will appreciate your comments-
      Besides the videos, the book (free) can be downloaded from:
                    http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/archivos_pdf/confession_economichitman.pdf

      Have an enjoyable, antinatalist and antieconomist day
      Eco_h2o
       <:{{{{{{><  <:))))))><  <:{{{{{{><  <:))))))><  <:{{{{{{><

      ==============
      Confessions of an Economic Hit Man.

      John Perkins author of "Confessions of an Economic Hit Man" - Part I
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTbdnNgqfs8&feature=g-wl&context=G2ea2045AWAAAAAAAnAA

      In part I of this interview, John Perkins tells us how America built her empire -- how we forced countries around the world to sell their common resources (oil, forests, state-owned industries, dismantle welfare systems, etc.) and force the work to be done by US industries.

      All the legwork is done through private contractors. Although the work is being carried out on behalf of The National Security Agency, nowhere are US government employees seen.

      Subcontractor economists -- economic hit men -- hired by other branches of our government (e.g., State Department) enter a country and produce a development model based on a loan from the World Bank. The model produced by these economists deliberately overestimates -- by typically double -- the amount of economic development which can result from a loan. This means that if a country takes the loan and spends the money, they can't possibly ever pay it back. This places these countries in debt bondage forever; banks force the county to sell its common resources, cut government spending, and dismantle its social welfare system.

      If the leader of a country is reluctant to take a loan, which is actually double the size they could actually use, the subcontractor tries to bribe the leader by deliberately overpaying for local good and services, sending his or her relatives to US universities, giving his or her relatives lucrative jobs, etc.

      If the leader of a country is honest and can't be bribed, we send in the "Jackals." These are subcontractors who intimidate leaders and, if necessary, assassinate them.  The assassination is supposed to bring a new leader that is more dishonest and bribable.

      Keep in mind the goal of all of this is to force countries around the world to sell all of their common resources (oil, state-owned industries, welfare system etc.) and force the work to be done by US industries.

      If the leader of a country can't be bribed or assassinated (e.g., Saddam Hussein), the only option left is boots on the ground war -- to send our troops into the country and forcibly remove a recalcitrant leader.

      Can you see us using this process of empire building in today's headlines?

      Interview - John Perkins - Confessions of an Economic Hit Man - Part II
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29GhXsx7-Rs&feature=related

      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 15, 2012
        No I don't see it because so many third world anti-imperialists leaders are or were themselves pronatalist, like Saddam Hussain, Hugo Chavez, the Taliban leaders, Mao etc.  I see as many overpopulation movement opponents in the anti-imperialist camp as the imperialist camp and hear a lot from African anti-imperialists how contraception aid is an impeialist plot.  So there are just too many anti-imperialist pronatalists out there, especially in the third world, for me to see much coalition potential between overpopulation activists and anti-imperialists.  No, we overpopulation activists are on our own.  Not even the feminists have helped us much.
        -Al

[...]

        53 Year Old Mom Looks 33
        consumerproducts.com
      • Eco eau
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 15, 2012
          Dear Al, thanks for the comment.

          I agree with you. I am convinced that pronatalist abound in communist, religious, tribal, capitalist, environmentalist, and in most ideological and traditional fronts. Most people are driven and motivated by selfish and short term seductions.

          I my past mail I just wanted to signal HOW the HUGHE SCALE of indebtedness on developing nations and the enormous commercial interests of developed ones (supposedly the ones lending money, but in fact pillaging resources from the poor), possibly INFLUENCED, simultaneously BOTH (debtor and lender nations), THAT could SILENCE the message about the dangers of overpopulation, which was openly talked about in the sixties (you just send us a reminder about a speech from  Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. , May 5, 1966, talking about overpopulation. No more openness and clarity about overpopulation is heard these last decades.
              http://www.plannedparenthood.org/about-us/who-we-are/reverend-martin-luther-king-jr-4728.htm

          But as I said in my mail: any seller, any political leader, any parent, usually is seduced by petty power, sex or money, to forget about the consequences of his (hers) actions or omissions in talking.

          "Another part of the explanation about borrowing, is the credulity, conformism and selfishness (seduction) of most individuals, subject to daily and continuous bombarding by commercial advertising and political messages." *

                              * political messages can be also anti-imperialist ones, but not free from the economical pro-growth paradigm.

          Eco_h2o