Debts and their solutions. --> Re: Confessions of an Economic Hit Man.

  • eco_h2o
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 14, 2012
      Debts and their solutions.

      When a parent (or a nation) has an enormous debt, unpayable and growing, the "solution" (for the creditors, and normally taken as a "good idea" by debtors, because it is very traditional and "loving"), is to have several children to help pay the debt, or them to be the heirs of it. This issue also ensures continued borrowing, to which more grandchildren and great-grandchildren are required, and thus the economy continues growing and prospering... and so the story goes on..., per saecula saeculorum. Amen.

      This explains OVERPOPULATION, and why it is TABU talking about holding it back.

      What is missing to be explained is the why and how of the INDEBTEDNESS. A good explanation on why and how of foreign debts of many "developing countries" is in the book (and videos with interviews to its author) "Confessions of an Economic Hit Man"

      Another part of the explanation (of debts, privatizations, commodification, sale and deterioration of natural resources and our commons) are the (false) economic theories which are taught at the world's most prestigious universities. For instance: Have I previously talked to you about Adam Smith and his theories about free market, the invisible hand, money and barter (all mere assumptions, but not real facts) ?

      Other example of debts and its typical solution, is how governments and people in general think is the proper way to solve the retirement pensions of older employees (have new, more numerous, younger workers to produce surpluses to pay those pensions).

      Another part of the explanation about borrowing, is the credulity, conformism and selfishness (seduction *** ) of most individuals, subject to daily and continuous bombarding by commercial advertising and political messages.

      *** Remember how John Perkins, the "prestigious consultant economist", the person with good moral roots, the author of the book "Confessions of an Economic Hit Man", let himself be seduced by sex, money and power, to act as he acted for so many years. Afterwards ponder that in reality any trader, seller or publicist does exactly the same; the only difference is that Perkins made it at a broader, international and with top people scale, but the seduction, the exceptions or pretexts to act like that, are present in most of traders and merchants.

      I hope that other posts and through your comments, will tell us other parts of the explanation about OVERPOPULATION and its TABUS.

      Eco_h2o
      <:{{{{{{><  <:))))))><  <:{{{{{{><  <:))))))>< <:{{{{{{><
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 15, 2012
         Maybe it is not evident to many people, but for me these "economic strategies",  have a lot to do with overpopulation and the tabu to speak about it in many countries and the mainstream media.

        I will appreciate your comments-
        Besides the videos, the book (free) can be downloaded from:
                      http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/archivos_pdf/confession_economichitman.pdf

        Have an enjoyable, antinatalist and antieconomist day
        Eco_h2o
         <:{{{{{{><  <:))))))><  <:{{{{{{><  <:))))))><  <:{{{{{{><

        ==============
        Confessions of an Economic Hit Man.

        John Perkins author of "Confessions of an Economic Hit Man" - Part I
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTbdnNgqfs8&feature=g-wl&context=G2ea2045AWAAAAAAAnAA

        In part I of this interview, John Perkins tells us how America built her empire -- how we forced countries around the world to sell their common resources (oil, forests, state-owned industries, dismantle welfare systems, etc.) and force the work to be done by US industries.

        All the legwork is done through private contractors. Although the work is being carried out on behalf of The National Security Agency, nowhere are US government employees seen.

        Subcontractor economists -- economic hit men -- hired by other branches of our government (e.g., State Department) enter a country and produce a development model based on a loan from the World Bank. The model produced by these economists deliberately overestimates -- by typically double -- the amount of economic development which can result from a loan. This means that if a country takes the loan and spends the money, they can't possibly ever pay it back. This places these countries in debt bondage forever; banks force the county to sell its common resources, cut government spending, and dismantle its social welfare system.

        If the leader of a country is reluctant to take a loan, which is actually double the size they could actually use, the subcontractor tries to bribe the leader by deliberately overpaying for local good and services, sending his or her relatives to US universities, giving his or her relatives lucrative jobs, etc.

        If the leader of a country is honest and can't be bribed, we send in the "Jackals." These are subcontractors who intimidate leaders and, if necessary, assassinate them.  The assassination is supposed to bring a new leader that is more dishonest and bribable.

        Keep in mind the goal of all of this is to force countries around the world to sell all of their common resources (oil, state-owned industries, welfare system etc.) and force the work to be done by US industries.

        If the leader of a country can't be bribed or assassinated (e.g., Saddam Hussein), the only option left is boots on the ground war -- to send our troops into the country and forcibly remove a recalcitrant leader.

        Can you see us using this process of empire building in today's headlines?

        Interview - John Perkins - Confessions of an Economic Hit Man - Part II
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29GhXsx7-Rs&feature=related

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 15, 2012
          No I don't see it because so many third world anti-imperialists leaders are or were themselves pronatalist, like Saddam Hussain, Hugo Chavez, the Taliban leaders, Mao etc.  I see as many overpopulation movement opponents in the anti-imperialist camp as the imperialist camp and hear a lot from African anti-imperialists how contraception aid is an impeialist plot.  So there are just too many anti-imperialist pronatalists out there, especially in the third world, for me to see much coalition potential between overpopulation activists and anti-imperialists.  No, we overpopulation activists are on our own.  Not even the feminists have helped us much.
          -Al

[...]

          53 Year Old Mom Looks 33
          consumerproducts.com
        • Eco eau
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 15, 2012
            Dear Al, thanks for the comment.

            I agree with you. I am convinced that pronatalist abound in communist, religious, tribal, capitalist, environmentalist, and in most ideological and traditional fronts. Most people are driven and motivated by selfish and short term seductions.

            I my past mail I just wanted to signal HOW the HUGHE SCALE of indebtedness on developing nations and the enormous commercial interests of developed ones (supposedly the ones lending money, but in fact pillaging resources from the poor), possibly INFLUENCED, simultaneously BOTH (debtor and lender nations), THAT could SILENCE the message about the dangers of overpopulation, which was openly talked about in the sixties (you just send us a reminder about a speech from  Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. , May 5, 1966, talking about overpopulation. No more openness and clarity about overpopulation is heard these last decades.
                http://www.plannedparenthood.org/about-us/who-we-are/reverend-martin-luther-king-jr-4728.htm

            But as I said in my mail: any seller, any political leader, any parent, usually is seduced by petty power, sex or money, to forget about the consequences of his (hers) actions or omissions in talking.

            "Another part of the explanation about borrowing, is the credulity, conformism and selfishness (seduction) of most individuals, subject to daily and continuous bombarding by commercial advertising and political messages." *

                                * political messages can be also anti-imperialist ones, but not free from the economical pro-growth paradigm.

            Eco_h2o