Childfree Town Project

    Message 1 of 1 , May 14, 2008
      http://groups.google.com/group/alt.support.childfree/browse_thread/thread
      /433390c60614cc23
      http://abcnews.go.com/Health/TurningPoints/story?id=3747045&page=1
      http://abcnews.go.com/search?searchtext=Portland%20contraception&type=
      http://freetownproject.com/
      http://abcnews.go.com/2020/story?id=2140483&page=1
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cascadia
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Exodus
      http://christianexodus.org
      http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=childfree+village+scotland&btnG=Goog
      le+Search
      http://www.abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=3401106
      http://www.projectprevention.org

      Overpopulation or Childfree Town Project
      http://www.city-data.com/forum/politics-other-controversies/68190-politic
      al-towns-extreme-places-political-relocation.html

      Hi.

      I am writing because I am interested in overpopulation activists in small
      towns. I am hoping that if overpopulation activists concentrate forces
      like the Libertarians of the Free Town Project,
      http://freetownproject.com/ we can build a majority that can replace
      public school, playground, ballfield, and childcare funding with
      contraception and abortion funding and end up saving a great deal of
      money especially since Social Security and Medicare funding are mostly
      federal and can be imported.

      Housing unit size could also be limited to crowd large families but
      regular zoning is a big problem because it makes it expensive for
      overpopulation activists to move in and build a majority.

      Anyway, what do you think? Can such a majority be built in your hometown.
      NYC is the only municipality I know of that funds abortions and it is too
      overcrowded and thus difficult and expensive to move to or build a
      majority in. And NYC's abortion funding is still only a tiny fraction of
      their education funding.

      Three groups likely to be allied in this municipal cause are gays,
      especially conservative gays like Log Cabin Republicans, retirees, who
      would be hypocrites because they usually have grown children and
      grandchildren but these grandchildren often live in different towns and
      would be unaffected by local education cuts, and Libertarians who are
      ideologically committed to small government.

      -Alan