So now what

  • Mary
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 18, 2003
      I have been doing ressearch on the child abuse and neglect central
      registry (CA/N CENTRAL REGISTRY). Because 2 years ago, I reported my
      ex b/f for criminal sexual conduct agaist my then 9 years old
      daughter. When you report this kind of crime CPS is automatically
      involved. They and the police suggest that i let my children go live
      with their dad until the investigation was done. So, I did. My
      children and I went through the worst experence of my life. after
      doing what they lead me to believe was the right thing to do. They
      pulled us into their office countless times and inverviewed not just
      my oldest daughter who made the charges, but my other 2 children as
      well. Then the worker came out to my parents home where we were
      living. I was given a copy of an investigation. They wanted me to be
      put on their registry for child abuse and neglect. Saying I knew
      about it and did nothing to stop it. I am the one who called the
      police and I am also the one who took my daughter to the doctor. If I
      knew about it and did nothing about it. then why did I do everything
      that any other parent would do? I wrote a 14 page retort to their so
      called investigation.I also asked that it be explunged from my
      records. I never heard anything more. I put the papers away and
      concentrated on fighting for my kids threw the courts, because I was
      also going through a divorce at the time this took place. I have my
      kids now. But until 2 weeks ago never looked at those papers that
      said things I about me I can't even bear to repeat. Looking back I
      realized I never got a reply back to my retort. So I contacted the
      case workers supervisior to find out if I was but on their registry.
      Finally after a week and a half and 7 phone calls going up the ladder
      of command. I finally found out that I am listed on the registry and
      the case was closed october of 2001. 2 months after I replyed to
      their allegations. I was told I was sent a letter stating that I was
      put on the registry. I never got such a letter. Then I was told that
      the supervisor is reviewing the case. Reviewing the case for what? To
      see where they goofed up. Now I am waiting for them to review my case
      so that I can ask for a hearing, because I was told that I can't ask
      for a hearing until it is reviewed. I'm out of money, I have nothing
      left except my children and my job. Do I give up and walk away or do
      I battle against them for who knows how many more years ? Any advise
      is welcomed.