[chief-users] Re: difficult wall detail

  • francis ho
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2000
      "peter & lenita brown" <petenle-@...> wrote:
      original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/chief-users/?start=9504
      > 'Sme again. Having problems trying to do an unusual little detail.
      Existing 2-storey "terrace" type home(Ozzie). Upstairs balcony to the
      side of house, supported with posts - roof over ("skillion" or shed
      type). Owners want to enclose the balcony - but retain the cast iron
      balustrade - new wall will be against the balustrade with large al.
      frame slid. doors.
      > CA won't let me draw a wall touching the "railing". I did manage to
      move the wall in, but it then would not allow me to show the windows.
      > I tried drawing the walls first, then using the soffit tool to draw
      the railing, but CA wouldn't let me define the room for some reason.
      > Should I just use CAD to draw the windows?
      > Is this really asking too much of CA? Should I quit whilst I'm
      ahead, and draw this with my trusty pens?
      > I'm ready to give up!! Not earning much money whilst I learn!
      > Lenita

      Hi. all you need to make the window show is to name the space b/n the
      handrail and the new wall "porch or baalcony" then rebuild
      floor/ceiling. that will make you window show. :-))
      simple.
    • Peter & Lenita BROWN
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 2, 2000
        Charlie,
        Thankyou so much for your tip!  It worked, and I was able to finish the drawing - only trouble is, the client phoned and wants to make changes!!!  Such is life!

        Thankyou to all who share in this forum - I have learned so much from you all - some of the tips have been invaluable!  Sometimes I'm staggered by the amount of emails - but have found that it is too beneficial to neglect!

        Lenita
      • CWilliiams@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 2, 2000
          petenlen@... writes:

          > Charlie,
          > Thankyou so much for your tip! It worked, and I was able to finish the
          > drawing - only trouble is, the client phoned and wants to make changes!!!
          > Such is life!

          You are welcome. When you get a model the way you like it and then the
          client comes in and changes things - always do a "save as" and then, whent
          the clients ideas won't work (you can't tell them, they have to see it) you
          can go back where you were without destroying your work.You can also try the
          edit area tool to move the whole wall medley that you have created - it works
          great. Just do a "save as" first.
          Charlie