RE: [chief-users] Upgrade woes

  • Steve Mason
    Message 1 of 19 , Jun 25, 2013
      Cheers Tim

      Appreciate the link.

      Steve

      From: chief-users@yahoogroups.com [mailto:chief-users@yahoogroups.com] On
      Behalf Of Tim O'Donnell
      Sent: Wednesday, 26 June 2013 2:06 a.m.
      To: chief-users@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [chief-users] Upgrade woes

      I have v10 to running on win7, so i think with a little tweaking of win7
      you should be able to get v11 to run on it...

      see this thread..

      On 6/24/2013 9:29 PM, Steve Mason wrote:

      > Hi all.
      >
      > I am told by Chief Architect that V.X1 will not work on windows 7 platform
      > so it means an automatic upgrade which I do not want to do because of
      > $$ at
      > this stage. Its tough enough having to upgrade hardware let alone
      > software.
      >
      > I need a new laptop and XP is not going to be available or supported by
      > Windows early next year so I'm feeling a little screwed here!
      >
      > Can any one suggest a work around.
      >
      > Need to have a lap top so it needs to be grunty without spending a
      > fortune.
      >
      > I don't know anything about Mac's but I'm told their operating system is
      > rock hard and understand that chief will run in a windows environment
      > on the
      > Mac using XP. Not sure what this means but would appreciate some feedback.
      >
      > Regards
      >
      > Steve

    • Ron Galer
      Message 2 of 19 , Oct 11, 2013

        Hi, I have Windows 7 with no tweaks, just installed it and it works perfectly.

        Ron Galer

        Perth, Australia

        I have v10 to running on win7, so i think with a little tweaking of win7
        you should be able to get v11 to run on it...

        see this thread..

        On 6/24/2013 9:29 PM, Steve Mason wrote:

        > Hi all.
        >
        > I am told by Chief Architect that V.X1 will not work on windows 7 platform
        > so it means an automatic upgrade which I do not want to do because of
        > $$ at
        > this stage. Its tough enough having to upgrade hardware let alone
        > software.
        >
        > I need a new laptop and XP is not going to be available or supported by
        > Windows early next year so I'm feeling a little screwed here!
        >
        > Can any one suggest a work around.
        >
        > Need to have a lap top so it needs to be grunty without spending a
        > fortune.
        >
        > I don't know anything about Mac's but I'm told their operating system is
        > rock hard and understand that chief will run in a windows environment
        > on the
        > Mac using XP. Not sure what this means but would appreciate some feedback.
        >
        > Regards
        >
        > Steve

      • Linda Ihle
        Message 3 of 19 , Oct 11, 2013
          Me too

          Hi, I have Windows 7 with no tweaks, just installed it and it works perfectly.

          Ron Galer
          Perth, Australia

          I have v10 to running on win7, so i think with a little tweaking of win7
          you should be able to get v11 to run on it...

          see this thread..

          On 6/24/2013 9:29 PM, Steve Mason wrote:

          > Hi all.

          &g t; I am told by Chief Architect that V.X1 will not work on windows 7 platform