RE: [chief-users] Re: Error Message "Cannot finish writing plan file. Your disk is apparently full"

  • Ray Castano
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 3, 2012
      Hi

      I've been having problems also :-)

      Chief has slowed down to a snail's pace

      and all the win7 updates are "failing"

      Wo is me,,, sent the machine to my PC guy and the machine updates now but
      Chief is still running extremely slow with dual monitors, plan on one
      monitor and the full overview on the other.

      The plan is up to 16,000 KB, not all that large by my standards. Me thinks
      an update has messed things up,,, and of course, I'm under the gun to
      deliver this plan.

      Some labor day! Ray

      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 3, 2012
        From all that I'm reading I'm glad I have not upgraded! It appears that Chief is more interested in getting the updates out the door before they have fully tested (with experienced designers/users) the product. I would think that testing might take a year or so to run the gauntlet of possibilities.
        Unfortunately it seems as though they are relying on the consumer to do the testing & don't care what the downtime is costing the user.
        Deadlines & clients don't matter to them!

      • Ray
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 4, 2012
          > Not exactly the same but Have been fighting a time out issue. After I do a
          > few (some time 3 some more) moves that blasted little blue circle comes up
          > and I have to wait do anything until it's done.

          I'm beginning to think one of the win7 updates messed things up.
          Check in (task Manager?) and see if chief keeks eating up memory , open and close views, if the memory use does not fall back down from closing the views, chief has a memory leak,, at least that's what I think it's called.
          How to fix it,,, I dun no! :-)
          Ray

          Sent from Ray & Gails iPad

        • avds1959
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 10, 2012
            UPDATE

            My local PC guys are now convinced that there is a software conflict.
            I uninstalled my virus scanner and pulled the plug on the internet and all was well. I installed the virus scanner again and plugged in the net and the problems have started again. I haven't had the disk full error but the PC has crashed every day since.
            Now going to blow the virus scanner away again and install a different one.
            Driving me Craaaaaaaaaazzzy

            --- In chief-users@yahoogroups.com, Ray <R.Castano@...> wrote:

            > > Not exactly the same but Have been fighting a time out issue. After I do a
            > > few (some time 3 some more) moves that blasted little blue circle comes up
            > > and I have to wait do anything until it's done.
            > >

            > I'm beginning to think one of the win7 updates messed things up.
            > Check in (task Manager?) and see if chief keeks eating up memory , open and close views, if the memory use does not fall back down from closing the views, chief has a memory leak,, at least that's what I think it's called.
            > How to fix it,,, I dun no! :-)
            > Ray
            >

            > Sent from Ray & Gails iPad
            >
            > On Aug 31, 2012, at 7:55 AM, "edward deering" <edeering@...> wrote:
            >
            > > Not exactly the same but Have been fighting a time out issue. After I do a
            > > few (some time 3 some more) moves that blasted little blue circle comes up
            > > and I have to wait do anything until it's done.
            > > New mother board, multi Gigs of ram, new video card. Clean re-install Win.
            > > 7, Clean re-install Chief. Nothing works. This week end New Hard drive.
            > > Everything works fine on my Laptop but not PC

          • Erik Buttars
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 10, 2012
              Hi Ray,

              What is the name of the offending virus scanner please?

              Erik

              Ray <R.Castano@...> wrote:

              > > Not exactly the same but Have been fighting a time out issue. After I do
              > > few (some time 3 some more) moves that blasted little blue circle comes
              up
              > > and I have to wait do anything until it's done.
              > >

              > I'm beginning to think one of the win7 updates messed things up.
              > Check in (task Manager?) and see if chief keeks eating up memory , open
              and close views, if the memory use does not fall back down from closing the
              views, chief has a memory leak,, at least that's what I think it's called.
              > How to fix it,,, I dun no! :-)
              > Ray
              >

              > Sent from Ray & Gails iPad
              >
              > On Aug 31, 2012, at 7:55 AM, "edward deering" <edeering@...> wrote:
              >
              > > Not exactly the same but Have been fighting a time out issue. After I do
              > > few (some time 3 some more) moves that blasted little blue circle comes
              up
              > > and I have to wait do anything until it's done.
              > > New mother board, multi Gigs of ram, new video card. Clean re-install
              Win.
              > > 7, Clean re-install Chief. Nothing works. This week end New Hard drive.
              > > Everything works fine on my Laptop but not PC
              > >
              > > From: chief-users@yahoogroups.com <mailto:chief-users%40yahoogroups.com>
              > > My local PC shop has thoroughly tested the PC.
              > > A clean install of windows 7 and reinstall the software didn't fix it.
              > > Replacing the disk and cable didn't fix it.
              > > Replacing memory didn't fix it.
              > > The last time it popped up the message the file weren't corrupted.
              > >
              > > Chief support hasn't been able to suggest anything useful.
              > >
              > > The PC guy is leaning towards a it being software.
              > >
              > > Hopefully it will be able to be tracked down eventually.
              > >
              > > Regards
              > > Steve
              > >
              > > --- In chief-users@yahoogroups.com
              <mailto:chief-users%40yahoogroups.com>
              <mailto:chief-users%40yahoogroups.com> ,
              > > "Ray Castano" <R.Castano@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Sorry, not a clue
              > > >
              > > > Ray C
              > > >

              > > > From: chief-users@yahoogroups.com
              <mailto:chief-users%40yahoogroups.com>
              <mailto:chief-users%40yahoogroups.com>
              > > [mailto:chief-users@yahoogroups.com
              <mailto:chief-users%40yahoogroups.com>
              > > > A couple of weeks ago I started getting the above error message and
              ended
              > > up
              > > > with a corrupted plan file. Using a file from archive gets around the
              > > > corruption issue.
              > > > My disk is only around 1/3 full.
              > > > The PC has been thoroughly tested by the local PC shop.
              > > > They just did a clean install of windows 7 and I spent the best part
              of a
              > > > day reinstalling software and getting the setup back to how it was.
              > > > All was good for about 2 hours and the message is back.
              > > > Anyone had similar problems?
              > > > Any suggestions?
              > > >
              > > > Thanks in advance
              > > > Steve

            • Sonny
              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 10, 2012
                Had this happen to me once, don't know if you use one but it was my RamDisk.

                Sonny

                From: chief-users@yahoogroups.com <mailto:chief-users%40yahoogroups.com>

                Ray <R.Castano@...> wrote:

> [...]
                > > >
                > > > Ray C
                > > >

                > > > From: chief-users@yahoogroups.com
                <mailto:chief-users%40yahoogroups.com>
                <mailto:chief-users%40yahoogroups.com>
                <mailto:chief-users%40yahoogroups.com>
                > > [mailto:chief-users@yahoogroups.com
                <mailto:chief-users%40yahoogroups.com>
                <mailto:chief-users%40yahoogroups.com>
                > > > A couple of weeks ago I started getting the above error message and
                ended
                > > up
                > > > with a corrupted plan file. Using a file from archive gets around the
                > > > corruption issue.
                > > > My disk is only around 1/3 full.
                > > > The PC has been thoroughly tested by the local PC shop.
                > > > They just did a clean install of windows 7 and I spent the best part
                of a
                > > > day reinstalling software and getting the setup back to how it was.
                > > > All was good for about 2 hours and the message is back.

              • Steve C
                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 9, 2012
                  Hi

                  Happy to report that all has been well for the last couple of months since I got rid of McAfee

                  Regards
                  Steve