Re: *****SPAM***** Re: [chief-users] Need to Create Concrete Slab roofs

  • kevin daley
    Message 1 of 25 , Apr 1 7:12 AM
      Hey Tim,

      I did the import but I do not see the plan opening up in chief, where do I got to retrieve the plan after importing it and how do I save it to the library.

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 25 , Apr 1 8:17 AM
        some things off the top of my head..

        are the layer(s) you assigned to the detail turned on?

        how far your screen is zoomed in or out (how much "real estate" is being
        displayed) or if the correct scale was used on import might case
        this...is it tiny enough to be unseen or off screen?

        what your screen view coordinates (x,y) are and what were the
        coordinates (x,y) of the drawing when it was created might be vastly
        different...it might be far off screen?...try using fill screen to see
        if it comes into view

        I would open a new CAD detail then import it into that...it should come
        in highlighted....it you don't see it, use the fill window (zoom extents
        in most other programs) to bring it onto the screen....if it is far off
        from 0,0 move it there (or at least close) before you add it to your library

        if you need more help on importing, after clicking File>Import>Drawing
        and the Import Drawing Wizard dialog opens, hit the F1 function key this
        will open help right to the section on Importing files....this will also
        help you learn how to save it to the library

        tim o'd

        On 4/1/2012 9:12 AM, kevin daley wrote:

        > Hey Tim,
        >
        > I did the import but I do not see the plan opening up in chief, where
        > do I got to retrieve the plan after importing it and how do I save it
        > to the library.
        >
        > ________________________________

      • kevin daley
        Message 3 of 25 , Apr 1 1:58 PM
          Thanks Tim,

          I zoomed in and I'm now able to see the deatails. I'll continue looking at this later.

          ________________________________
          are the layer(s) you assigned to the detail turned on?

          how far your screen is zoomed in or out (how much "real estate" is being
          displayed) or if the correct scale was used on import might case
          this...is it tiny enough to be unseen or off screen?

          what your screen view coordinates (x,y) are and what were the
          coordinates (x,y) of the drawing when it was created might be vastly
          different...it might be far off screen?...try using fill screen to see
          if it comes into view

          I would open a new CAD detail then import it into that...it should come
          in highlighted....it you don't see it, use the fill window (zoom extents
          in most other programs) to bring it onto the screen....if it is far off
          from 0,0 move it there (or at least close) before you add it to your library

          if you need more help on importing, after clicking File>Import>Drawing
          and the Import Drawing Wizard dialog opens, hit the F1 function key this
          will open help right to the section on Importing files....this will also
          help you learn how to save it to the library

          tim o'd

          On 4/1/2012 9:12 AM, kevin daley wrote:

          > Hey Tim,
          >
          > I did the import but I do not see the plan opening up in chief, where
          > do I got to retrieve the plan after importing it and how do I save it
          > to the library.
          >
          > ________________________________

        • rrarchpa
          Message 4 of 25 , Jun 15, 2012

            Hello all, I have not been on here in quite a while. Just signing on to say hello all. Chief talk seams to be controlled by the "chior".
          • Tsnoid
            Message 5 of 25 , Jun 15, 2012
              Hi back. What do you mean by that? The participation from this group has fell off tremendously, from what might have been twenty a day to one or two a week. Not sure if it's a sign of the times or because of the complexity of each new release of Chief that it's best to go to the source , Chieftalk. I am extremely busy and that's where I on occasion need to go for answers.

              Tony Thompson Plans Ahead LLC Branford,Ct.

              On Jun 15, 2012, at 1:00 PM, "rrarchpa" <rrarchpa@...> wrote:

              > Hello all, I have not been on here in quite a while. Just signing on to say hello all. Chief talk seams to be controlled by the "chior".

            • Ted C
              Message 6 of 25 , Jun 15, 2012
                Really??? Actually yours is the first post that has come
                across my screen for quite some
                time and, in fact, I was beginning to wonder if the group
                was still around. I haven't been
                using my Chief (ver 10) for some time mainly because most of
                the work I hav these days
                has been all commercial and Chief doesn't seen to commercial
                friendly a program
                (as opposed to my good old faithful Autocad r14) :-)

                Ted

                "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of
                arriving in a
                pretty and well preserved body, but rather, to skid in
                broadside, thoroughly
                used up, totally worn out, and yelling "WHOA! What a ride!"

                _____

                Hello all, I have not been on here in quite a while. Just
                signing on to say hello all. Chief talk seams to be
                controlled by the "chior".

                _____

                No virus found in this message.
                Date: 06/15/12

              • Keith Woodard
                Message 7 of 25 , Jun 15, 2012
                  I too, have been reading this group with interest for years. Although I still use 10.06, the little business I have doesn’t make it worthwhile to upgrade. Have miss the banter etc.

                  keith@...

                  California

                  On Jun 15, 2012, at 1:00 PM, "rrarchpa" <rrarchpa@... <mailto:rrarchpa%40cox.net> > wrote:

                  > Hello all, I have not been on here in quite a while. Just signing on to say hello all. Chief talk seams to be controlled by the "chior".

                • Ron Ravenscroft
                  Message 8 of 25 , Jun 16, 2012
                    Tony,

                    Good to be back and I hope we can revive this thing.

                    Ron

                    ravenscroft architects ltd.

                    20611 N. 17th Way Phoenix, Arizona 85024

                    Phone 480-797-6894 Fax 623-434-0093

                    <BLOCKED::http://www.raltd.net/> www.raltd.net
                    <mailto:rrarchpa@...> rrarchpa@...

                    Notice: This e-mail including attachments) is covered by the Electronic
                    Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. §§ 2510-2521, is confidential and may
                    be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
                    notified that any retention, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
                    communication is strictly prohibited. Please reply to the sender that you
                    have received the message in error, then delete it. This communication shall
                    not be binding on ravenscroft architects ltd. This communication shall in no
                    sense be construed as, nor shall be considered, a modification of any
                    agreement between ravenscroft architects ltd.and the reader. Thank you

                  • Ray
                    Message 9 of 25 , Jun 16, 2012
                      You guys behave yourselves,, i'm listening

                      Ray C
                      God bless America

                      Sent from Ray & Gails iPad

                      Message 10 of 25 , Jun 16, 2012
                        It seems we have awoken a sleeping giant ,,,,

                        Tony Thompson Plans Ahead LLC Branford,Ct. 203-483-8009

                        On Jun 16, 2012, at 4:33 PM, Ray <R.Castano@...> wrote:

                        > You guys behave yourselves,, i'm listening
                        >
                        > Ray C
                        > God bless America
                        >
                        > Sent from Ray & Gails iPad
                        >
                        > On Jun 16, 2012, at 11:24 AM, "Ron Ravenscroft" <rrarchpa@...> wrote:
                        >

                        > > Tony,
                        > >
                        > > Good to be back and I hope we can revive this thing.
                        > >
                        > > Ron
                        > >
                        > > ravenscroft architects ltd.
                        > >
                        > > 20611 N. 17th Way Phoenix, Arizona 85024
                        > >
                        > > Phone 480-797-6894 Fax 623-434-0093
                        > >
                        > > <BLOCKED::http://www.raltd.net/> www.raltd.net
                        > > <mailto:rrarchpa@...> rrarchpa@...
                        > >
                        > > +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
                        > > Notice: This e-mail including attachments) is covered by the Electronic
                        > > Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. §§ 2510-2521, is confidential and may
                        > > be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
                        > > notified that any retention, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
                        > > communication is strictly prohibited. Please reply to the sender that you
                        > > have received the message in error, then delete it. This communication shall
                        > > not be binding on ravenscroft architects ltd. This communication shall in no
                        > > sense be construed as, nor shall be considered, a modification of any
                        > > agreement between ravenscroft architects ltd.and the reader. Thank you

                      • Erik Buttars
                        Message 11 of 25 , Jul 31, 2012
                          Hey Ted,

                          Been there, done that recently, I cannot recommend it too much especially
                          when two score and ten are imminent! Busted ribs, shoulder blade, ankle and
                          a puncture lung 'smart'. J

                          Erik

                          Message 12 of 25 , Aug 1, 2012
                            Eric,
                            How well I know. Been there & done that and still keeping spinal cancer at bay. :-)
                            Ted