Chief 9.54 and Windows 7

  • tarkus496
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 3, 2011
      Finally had to get rid of the old computer and got a new machine running Windows 7. And what do you know! Chief 9.54 isn't supported! Gasp!
      I ran a couple of searches and found Tim O'Donnell's instructions for running 10 under windows 7 and was wondering if anyone knew if I could do the same thing with 9?

      I know I should upgrade Chief but I know 9 really well and it works just fine for me.

      Any thoughts would be appreciated.

      Thanks,MikeR
    • Ted Terrenzio
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 4, 2011
        If you are able, possibly try to set up new machine with Win XP Pro as a
        second OS and run Chief 9.54 on Win XP Pro.

        --
        -Ted

      • Ed Schleyer
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 4, 2011
          I am running Chief 8, but I had to make my machine a dual BOOT. Chief 8 will
          not run in a "Window".
          First had to get a large drive and split it in two.
          Installed XP pro in the 1st drive.
          Installed Win7 64 in the remaining space.
          Works great.

          Ed

          --
          -Ted

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • Mike Smith
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 4, 2011
            win 7 pro has a win xp mode that runs xp specific software

            we use it to run our quickbooks pro

            --
            -Ted

            Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Eugene Rodgers
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 5, 2011
              I have used Win 7 64bit with Chief 9.54 without any problems. I don't know how or why, but I personally have not had any issues with it.

              Sent from my iPad

              Eugene Rodgers
              III John 4 - I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.

              On Jun 4, 2011, at 7:00 PM, "Mike Smith" <mfsmith1@...> wrote:

              > win 7 pro has a win xp mode that runs xp specific software
              >
              > we use it to run our quickbooks pro

            • Michael Rockwell
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 6, 2011
                Thanks a lot for all the responses!

                Had our IT person in today and she set up a virtual XP machine and put Chief in it.

                Works great.

                Now I just have to find Tim’s guide to moving libraries.

                On Jun 4, 2011, at 7:00 PM, "Mike Smith" <mfsmith1@... <mailto:mfsmith1%40cox.net> > wrote:

                > win 7 pro has a win xp mode that runs xp specific software
                >
                > we use it to run our quickbooks pro

                _____

                No virus found in this message.