Gambrel Roof Start at Hieght

  • upphins
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2011
      Hello...,

      Brand new to Chief. I'm building a Gambrel Roof. I've watched the tutorial over and over and the "start at height" will not change?? They say to type in 156" and I do that and it keeps reverting back to 202 5/8". I'm sure I'm doing something silly but I'm following the the tutorial, word for word! I'm using the Premier x3. Btw, is the tutorial not upgraded to the latest version? It doesn't really match my software. Thanks so much! Peter
    • LindaIhle@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2011
        I'm not using x3 but can you draw the roof plane and then once you have it in place, open it's dialog box, check the box for the pitch so it won't change and then enter the new baseline number?

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 1, 2011
          I figured out what I was doing wrong and it was silly. I was using their example as if it was a single story building. The height they used as an example wouldn't work when placing the roof on a second floor. Thank you for your reply. Peter