HP 500 belt

  • jay malaspino
    Message 1 of 29 , Nov 1, 2010
      Hello All,

        A few years ago I purchased online a belt for my 430.  It came with idiot proof (okay idiot resistant) directions and I replaced the belt with no extra work or extra parts.  All in all quite a good deal.

        I now need to replace the belt on the plotter at my employers location. I can't find any paperwork on where I found the belt online.  Has anyone else replaced the belt on their plotter recently and received the belt with the instructions?

      Thank you.

      Jay

    • Tim O'Donnell
      Message 2 of 29 , Nov 1, 2010
        Jay,

        I recently got a replacement belt on Amazon for my 500

        there is a replacement kit for the 430 listed there for $79.00 as
        well...it includes the tools you need as well as the belt

        http://www.amazon.com/C4706-60082-Designjet-455CM-488CM-Plotters/dp/B002C48NJC

        they also have the belt by itself for $23.50...

        you can go here for the complete service manual for the 430 that will
        show you how to do it, what tools you need, etc.... take a look at it
        first.. it's a free pdf:

        http://www.hylink.com/web/Designjet%20430,%20450,%20455C%20-%20Service%20Manual.pdf

        tim o'd

        On 11/1/2010 7:43 AM, jay malaspino wrote:

        > Hello All,
        >
        > A few years ago I purchased online a belt for my 430. It came with
        > idiot proof (okay idiot resistant) directions and I replaced the belt
        > with no extra work or extra parts. All in all quite a good deal.
        >
        > I now need to replace the belt on the plotter at my employers
        > location. I can't find any paperwork on where I found the belt
        > online. Has anyone else replaced the belt on their plotter recently
        > and received the belt with the instructions?
        >
        > Thank you.
        >
        > Jay

      • Bill Layman
        Message 3 of 29 , Nov 1, 2010
          Jay,

          Replaced belt on my HP500 several years ago, not a big problem, just takes
          time.

          I got my belt from a supply house in NY. I think the name was Loreal, not
          sure of the name, but they sent a CD along that has all the instructions for
          the HP 500 maintenance.

          If you can find a belt I can make a copy of the CD for you.

          Bill Layman

          _____

          Message 4 of 29 , Nov 1, 2010
            Thank you Tim & Bill.  I'll check it out when I get home tonight.

             I did already replace the 430's belt a few years ago so now I just have to do the 500.  I'll check out the 500's manual.

            Thanks again.

            jay

            I recently got a replacement belt on Amazon for my 500

            there is a replacement kit for the 430 listed there for $79.00 as

            well...it includes the tools you need as well as the belt

            http://www.amazon.com/C4706-60082-Designjet-455CM-488CM-Plotters/dp/B002C48NJC

            they also have the belt by itself for $23.50...

            you can go here for the complete service manual for the 430 that will

            show you how to do it, what tools you need, etc.... take a look at it

            first.. it's a free pdf:

            http://www.hylink.com/web/Designjet%20430,%20450,%20455C%20-%20Service%20Manual.pdf

            tim o'd

            On 11/1/2010 7:43 AM, jay malaspino wrote:

            > Hello All,

            > A few years ago I purchased online a belt for my 430. It came with

            > idiot proof (okay idiot resistant) directions and I replaced the belt

            > with no extra work or extra parts. All in all quite a good deal.

            > I now need to replace the belt on the plotter at my employers

            > location. I can't find any paperwork on where I found the belt

            > online. Has anyone else replaced the belt on their plotter recently

            > and received the belt with the instructions?

            > Thank you.

            > Jay

          • Tim O'Donnell
            Message 5 of 29 , Nov 1, 2010
              Jay,

              Not sure if I was right in thinking you were looking for 430
              parts\instructions...

              If it is a 500 you need the belt for I have a copy of the full Service
              Manual (286 pages) that will show you how to replace it..

              C7769-60182 1 Belt (24" Model Only)
              C7770-60014 1 Belt (42" Model Only)

              Amazon no longer has the belt for the 500 listed (I paid ~$60 for it)

              I did find a belt here:

              http://www.precisionroller.com/belts-for-hp-designjet-500-c7770b/details_29120.html?src=gbps

              tim o'd

            • dlestes3@aol.com
              Message 6 of 29 , Nov 1, 2010
                JAY,
                I've been gettin supplies for my hp units (500[24" roll] & 755{36" roll] from this outfit; http://www.cesplot.com/contactinfo.shtml

                I spoke to them a few minutes ago and they have both( 24" & 36").
                the phone # is 1.800.704.3337, ask for Matt. I've been getting my paper and other supplies from them for years, and even with shipping charges they're the cheapest I've found.

                d3

                Message 7 of 29 , Nov 1, 2010
                  Jay,

                  the link I provided earlier is for the 430

                  I found a link for the 500 service manual here:

                  http://www.dectrader.com/docs/set1/Service%20Manual%20HP%20DesignJet%20500%20and%20800%20Series.pdf

                  tim o'd

                  On 11/1/2010 8:13 AM, jay malaspino wrote:

                  > Thank you Tim & Bill. I'll check it out when I get home tonight.
                  >
                  > I did already replace the 430's belt a few years ago so now I just
                  > have to do the 500. I'll check out the 500's manual.
                  >
                  > Thanks again.
                  >
                  > jay

                • jay malaspino
                  Message 8 of 29 , Nov 1, 2010
                    Thanks Tim!!  I'm at work now estimating so I won't have a chance to check it out until later tonight at home.

                    Thanks again.