2d cad program

  • jay malaspino
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 1, 2010
      Hello All,

        Does anyone have a suggestion for the best free cad program for drawing cross section details (maybe 16 hours a month).  I just use CA but at work they want the capability to draw simple details without the cost or learning curve of Autocad.

      Thanks.

      Jay

    • Mike Smith
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 1, 2010
        Jay...what about Sketchup ?

        Mike Smith

        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 1, 2010
          Hey Mike,

            I'm looking for something strictly for 2d details for a roofing company to create submittal drawings.  I use my version of CA although it is a pain as I have to draw everything 8 times actual size.......  They want a cad program for office.

          jay

          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 1, 2010
            here's a site that talks about FREE cad

            http://www.eland.org.uk/pages/Misc/cadnotes.html

            also... google DoubleCad...

            if I hear anything I'll let you know

            Mike Smith

            I'm looking for something strictly for 2d details for a roofing company to create submittal drawings. I use my version of CA although it is a pain as I have to draw everything 8 times actual size....... They want a cad program for office.

            jay

            Does anyone have a suggestion for the best free cad program for drawing cross section details (maybe 16 hours a month). I just use CA but at work they want the capability to draw simple details without the cost or learning curve of Autocad.

            Thanks.

            Jay

          • Tim O'Donnell
            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 1, 2010
              http://www.doublecad.com/Products/DoubleCADXTv2/tabid/1100/Default.aspx

              On 7/1/2010 8:17 AM, jay malaspino wrote:

              > Hey Mike,
              >
              > I'm looking for something strictly for 2d details for a roofing
              > company to create submittal drawings. I use my version of CA although
              > it is a pain as I have to draw everything 8 times actual size.......
              > They want a cad program for office.
              >
              > jay
              >
              > --- On Thu, 7/1/10, Mike Smith <mfsmith1@...
              > <mailto:mfsmith1%40cox.net>> wrote:
              >
              > From: Mike Smith <mfsmith1@... <mailto:mfsmith1%40cox.net>>
              > Subject: Re: [chief-users] 2d cad program
              > To: chief-users@yahoogroups.com <mailto:chief-users%40yahoogroups.com>
              > Date: Thursday, July 1, 2010, 6:45 AM
              >

              > Jay...what about Sketchup ?
              >
              > Mike Smith

            • jay malaspino
              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 6, 2010
                Hello,

                  One of those this morning that had "Facebook" as the return address had my email address.  I did not send anything to the group though.  Someone has spoofed my address........

                jay

              • Tim O'Donnell
                Message 7 of 13 , Jul 6, 2010
                  all of them were using your address...and this is not the first time
                  that messages have been posted from facebook listings of e-mail accounts....

                  fortunately most of these are addresses that the user has not posted
                  here before, so the account is still set for posts to be moderated....

                  but with the case here, this is a long time and valued member of our
                  group and his posts were not moderated thus this restriction was never
                  needed with Jay

                  be that as it may I have placed Jay's emai into one of those where
                  posts are first sent to the moderators for their consideration before
                  the post is allowed

                  On 7/6/2010 6:53 PM, jay malaspino wrote:

                  > Hello,
                  >
                  > One of those this morning that had "Facebook" as the return address
                  > had my email address. I did not send anything to the group though.
                  > Someone has spoofed my address........
                  >
                  > jay

                • Larry S Saint Cyr
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jul 10, 2010
                    Jay,

                    What about Punch Software? Home Design Architectural Series 4000??

                    Larry