Interior wall

  • LaMar Hunter
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 3, 2010
      Using X2. My interior wall are going all the way though the exterior 6" siding walls. I can change it to a 4" wall and the interior wall will stop at the intersection. It seems to me that I had this problem once before but cannot remember what someone told me to do to correct the situation. could someone help please?

      Thanks for your time and have a nice day.

      LaMar

      BluePrints Drawn
      By
      LaMar Hunter

    • LaMar Hunter

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 11, 2010
          LaMar,

          Just to let you know someone has read your posts....unfortunately I can
          offer no help for your dilemma...

          I only went to v10, so newer versions and their idiosyncrasies are
          unknown to me..

          and I am quite glad of that...by stopping upgrading when I did, I
          believe it has saved me thousands of dollars in software and computer
          costs, as well as hundreds of hours of uncompensated time to be
          continually beta testing for the enlightened ones in Idaho....

          On 7/11/2010 10:51 AM, LaMar Hunter wrote:

          > My interior walls are extending through the exterior wall. I changed
          > the wall, copied and made a new wall, and when I did that the interior
          > wall went right through the new wall. Using X3. How can I fix this
          > situation. First time I have ever had this happen that I can remember.
          > Even drawing a new interior wall goes right through the brick wall.
          > Help PLEASE.
          >
          > Thanks for your time and have a nice day.
          >
          > LaMar
          >
          > BluePrints Drawn
          > By
          > LaMar Hunter
          >
          > --

        • Ron Ravenscroft
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 11, 2010
            AMEN

            Just to let you know someone has read your posts....unfortunately I can
            offer no help for your dilemma...

            I only went to v10, so newer versions and their idiosyncrasies are
            unknown to me..

            and I am quite glad of that...by stopping upgrading when I did, I
            believe it has saved me thousands of dollars in software and computer
            costs, as well as hundreds of hours of uncompensated time to be
            continually beta testing for the enlightened ones in Idaho....

            On 7/11/2010 10:51 AM, LaMar Hunter wrote:

            > My interior walls are extending through the exterior wall. I changed
            > the wall, copied and made a new wall, and when I did that the interior
            > wall went right through the new wall. Using X3. How can I fix this
            > situation. First time I have ever had this happen that I can remember.
            > Even drawing a new interior wall goes right through the brick wall.
            > Help PLEASE.
            >
            > Thanks for your time and have a nice day.
            >
            > LaMar
            >
            > BluePrints Drawn
            > By
            > LaMar Hunter
            >
            > --

          • Craig Meyer
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 11, 2010
              Lamar,

              I just started X3 to try what you had said and it had an update, which I
              downloaded and installed. After that I started the program, drew 4 exterior
              walls and several interior walls and it was working fine.

              What do you have set as your main layer in your exterior walls? Mine is set
              to the stud. Didn't try changing it to see if that made a difference, but
              you might check that. It might have gotten changed on you......

              Good luck.

              Craig

              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 11, 2010
                Thanks Craig. Some how something got changed when I copied the wall and it allowed to go to the outside. I changed it to dimension to the plate and it corrected all the walls. Thanks so much. I thought I was going to have to redraw the plan.

                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 11, 2010
                  LaMar

                  Sounds like you have clicked the "Wall Butts Other Walls" button.

                  Bill

                  _____