RE: [chief-users] OT: rant about our co-workers

  • Larry S Saint Cyr
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 1, 2008
      Jay,

      So things have not changed at Nation Lumber, young guy are rushed by the
      sales dept or Bill to get the job at the door?

      And Larry is doing every thing he can to see that things go out the door
      right no matter how long it take him to review a project right!

      It was a time when Bill would just put a engineer's stamp on it and sent it
      out and it may be right or totly wrong.

      Lack of training or no training at all in that dept from what I could see.

      I do hope all is going well with you and say hi to Larry for me....

      Larry S Saint Cyr

      _____

      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 1, 2008
        Gee Jay, with "more plans on the street than most architects" (a line
        straight from a National Lumber ad) we just figured you guys must be mind
        readers too! ;-)

        Walter Fuller
        Plymouth, MA

        _____

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 1, 2008
          sorry about that fast finger typing, that should be "to get the job out the
          door"

          Larry

          _____

          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 1, 2008
            Well in the 5 months I've been there I assure you there is no rubber stamping. Larry won't stamp it if you don't have the right house number never mind any of the calc's wrong.

            All the guys in the engineering dept. now are really good. Everything goes through at least 3 checks before it's out the door. The original designer reviews it then it goes to Bill and he marks it up. Then after the original designer fixes it then it goes to Larry. Then the fun starts.......... Larry makes sure it's all right!! Of that I'm certain.

            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 1, 2008
              Hey, I don't mind scaling a dimension or two but from the crap errr fine construction documents I've seen lately even CA's (not ready for prime time) dimensioning abilities are light centuries away from the Autocrap / Datacad / etc. operators (yes, I know it's the operators not the software).

              The last idiot dimensioned about 10% of the needed dimensions and he dimensioned to the grid lines not any faces. Well what's the problem with gridlines to the center of the wall? Well depending on which piece of information the exterior walls are either 6", 6 3/4" or 7 1/4". Depends on what you want to believe that he has there. Conflicts everywhere.

              Ahhhhhhhhhh but that AIA sure looks good next to his name!!!

              Perhaps if you don't dimension a plan you can't be wrong????? As they say in the Guiness commercials................ BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

              jay