Re: [chief-users] Protruding Bay Window

  • babiemine@aol.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 1, 2007
      Hi Preston,

      I have created a bell roof for a French Empire Style house. If you like I can send you the file so you can see the result.

      The process requires creating 2 curved roof surfaces with differing angles of curvature by using the roof dbx to fiddle with the angle and elevation.....there is much trial and error involved.

      Then you merge the two roof sections.

      Hope that helps....

      DC

      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 1, 2007
        DC,
        My wife and I are starting on plans for a french style
        home that we want to build. Do you have a picture of
        the outside elevations? I would be interested to see
        them.

        Kevin G

        --- babiemine@... wrote:

        > Hi Preston,
        >
        > I have created a bell roof for a French Empire
        > Style house. If you like I can send you the file so
        > you can see the result.
        >
        > The process requires creating 2 curved roof
        > surfaces with differing angles of curvature by using
        > the roof dbx to fiddle with the angle and
        > elevation.....there is much trial and error
        > involved.
        >
        > Then you merge the two roof sections.
        >
        > Hope that helps....
        >
        > DC

        Never Miss an Email
      • Preston Thomas
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 1, 2007
          DC

          Appreciate the reply and yes I would definitely like to see the French Style house. Thanks again for your response.

          Preston T.
          pthomas70@...

          Would anyone have or know where to get a Protruding Bay Window with Arched Windows similar to the one that is in the Chief Architect v.10 Libraries, or a tutorial on how to create one? Also, has anyone created a Bell Roof, and if so how to do? Thank you

          Preston T.

        • Tim O'Donnell
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 1, 2007
            use curved roof sections.... draw a set then use replicate tool to make
            the rest
            http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v173/tim1153/Bellroof.gif

            Preston Thomas wrote:
            > Also, has anyone created a Bell Roof, and if so how to do? Thank you
            >
            > Preston T.

          • from Robin/(LR)
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 1, 2007
              DC,

              My partner and I are also designing our replacement home. So far we
              plan to use a two pitch front / rear roof with a windowed cloistery wall
              between the two peaks.

              Wish we were CA 10 owners, but alas since neither of us are architects,
              nor professional designers all we can afford / justify is HD 7.0 Pro.
              If HD 7.0 Pro will read and display your plan, if you would, PLEASE
              e-mail it to us so our ideas / options / vision expand.

              THANKS All be well and be *SAFE!*

              Mrs. Robin A-W
              ------------------------

              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 1, 2007
                Hey that was quite a graphic ,besides being a great roof tip. Thanks for the
                good work.

                Anthony Thompson Plans Ahead Branford,Conn.

              • Preston Thomas
                Message 7 of 12 , Feb 1, 2007
                  Tim

                  Thank you for your reply, the graphic was superb.

                  Preston T.

                • babiemine@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 12 , Feb 1, 2007
                    Mrs. Robin A-W & Kevin G

                    Sure....send me your e-mail addresses and I'll send you pdf files on the house....

                    Kevin Garner wrote:
                    > DC,
                    > My wife and I are starting on plans for a french style
                    > home that we want to build. Do you have a picture of
                    > the outside elevations? I would be interested to see
                    > them.
                    >
                    > Kevin G
                    >

                    > --- babiemine@... wrote:
                    >

                    >> Hi Preston,
                    >>
                    >> I have created a bell roof for a French Empire
                    >> Style house. If you like I can send you the file so
                    >> you can see the result.
                    >>
                    >> The process requires creating 2 curved roof
                    >> surfaces with differing angles of curvature by using
                    >> the roof dbx to fiddle with the angle and
                    >> elevation.....there is much trial and error
                    >> involved.
                    >>
                    >> Then you merge the two roof sections.
                    >>
                    >> Hope that helps....
                    >>
                    >> DC

                  • Kevin Garner
                    Message 9 of 12 , Feb 1, 2007
                      DC,
                      My email address is kevin@...

                      Thanks, I am looking forward to seeing the file. I
                      will be on a business trip this coming week, so will
                      look at them next week. Have a nice weekend.

                      Kevin G

                      Finding fabulous fares is fun.
                    • babiemine@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 12 , Feb 1, 2007
                        Here is the front elevation....the whole file is so big that I'd have to zip it down and I think that this will show you what is possible.

                        DC