Problems printing Layout

  • greg.gorman
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 28, 2006
      I am using version 6 with windows XP, I am not sure if it is a software
      incompatabiliy issue but when I initially create a Layout file it can
      be printed OK. But when the file is named it connot be printed - ( Not
      Responding dialog appears)Any ideas would be much appreciated
    • Mike McKay
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1 3:42 AM
        Greg, right?

        Is this a new installation? You may need to reinstall Chief and make sure no
        other software is running at the time, like antivirus.

        Mike McKay

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 1 5:49 AM
          Try printing to PDF first.

          Lew

          - In chief-users@yahoogroups.com, "greg.gorman" <greg.gorman@...> wrote:

          > I am using version 6 with windows XP, I am not sure if it is a
          software
          > incompatabiliy issue but when I initially create a Layout file it
          can
          > be printed OK. But when the file is named it connot be printed - (
          Not
          > Responding dialog appears)Any ideas would be much appreciated

        • Ted Terrenzio
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 1 6:19 AM
            Greg,
            In earlier versions of Chief there was an issue with layout files printing. Chief had difficulty with long file names and when the file was located in directory levels deeper than the Root Directory.

            Try Renaming the layout file to eight or less characters and if I remember correctly the layout file printed best when placed on the Desktop or as near to the top of the root directory as possible.

            This is what I did while running Windows NT.

            Ted

            > - In chief-users@yahoogroups.com, "greg.gorman" <greg.gorman@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > I am using version 6 with windows XP, I am not sure if it is a
            > software
            > > incompatabiliy issue but when I initially create a Layout file it
            > can
            > > be printed OK. But when the file is named it connot be printed - (
            > Not
            > > Responding dialog appears)Any ideas would be much appreciated

            > =
            > = Chief-Users Contact List:
            > =
            > = Chief-Tangent Group: (for off-topic discussions)
            > =
            >
            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Bill Rasmussen
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 1 10:10 AM
              in layout, be sure you create your template on layer "0", and then save your drawing on layer "1". Just might want to check and make sure you're not trying to pring from layer "0" .
              This was a problem I had when I first got started.

              Good Luck

              Bill Rasmussen

              Custom Home Designs
              > I am using version 6 with windows XP, I am not sure if it is a
              software
              > incompatabiliy issue but when I initially create a Layout file it
              can
              > be printed OK. But when the file is named it connot be printed - (
              Not
              > Responding dialog appears)Any ideas would be much appreciated

              =
              = Chief-Users Contact List:
              =
              = Chief-Tangent Group: (for off-topic discussions)
              =

              Accounting software program Estate program real software Software development program