[chief-users] Re: Chief 6.0 ???

  • Gordon Martinsen
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 28, 1999
      At 20:19 28/10/1999 -0700, you wrote:
      >Hello All
      >I wonder about Chief 6.0. I wonder if the learning time is great (the
      >transition from Chife 97) and the additional capibialities. Do you
      >think it is worth the $200 for an upgrade? What do you like MOST about
      >it? What do you like the least?
      >I am thinking long and hard about the additional outlay, and why I
      >should spring for it or maybe not. Or maybe hold until the specials?
      >Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
      >Dave

      Go for it.

      Theres no learning curve - all the changes are things you can't do in 97
      but allways wanted to. I was on the beta team and have been using it for
      around 6 months and no way would I go back.

      Gordon Martinsen
      Birkenhead
      Auckland
      New Zealand
    • Caleb Maclennan
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 3, 1999
        Chief has an offset tool. FIrst place a copy of the item by replicating it
        right where it is. you can do more than one at once if you like. Then set
        the CAD mode to "concentric" and the "jump" to whatever you want your offest
        to be, and drag a corder handle in or out... you'll get your offset.
        ================
        Caleb E. Maclennan
        Designer / Draftsman
        The 3D Design & Build Center
        http://3dbuildcenter.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 4, 1999
          In a message dated 11/03/1999 5:05:30 PM Pacific Standard Time,
          DraftingChief@... writes:

          > Chief has an offset tool. FIrst place a copy of the item by replicating it
          > right where it is. you can do more than one at once if you like. Then set
          > the CAD mode to "concentric" and the "jump" to whatever you want your
          offest
          > to be, and drag a corder handle in or out... you'll get your offset.

          Caleb:

          The multiple copy works pretty well also.

          Matt