[chief-users] Re: Specs

  • RRGC@aol.com
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 1, 1998
      would like specs to if possible thank you ray
      rrgc@...

    • Carey J. Stanly
      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 1, 1998
        Dave,
        Thanks for the offer. Yes I would like a copy. It sounds like we are
        doing about the same thing. Additional information or your approach to
        presentation could be helpful.
        Carey
        BGator@... wrote:

        > Hi Carey
        > As far as the specs goes for the entire project, I've taken a
        > standard set of forms that the banks use, and put them into my word processor.
        > Its a Materials Specfications List, that calls out everything from the footers
        > to the appliances. I simply print it out and fill in the blanks. It only takes
        > about 10 minutes per project. If thats what you're looking for, I can e-mail
        > you the file, and you can easilt remove my name from the form and insert your
        > name.

      • Carey J. Stanly
        Message 3 of 15 , Oct 1, 1998
          Bill,
          I went to the site you suggested. After a few minutes it began to dawn
          on me that I might have this software. A demo copy came with my scanner.
          It is Omni Page instead of Omni Form, but I went ahead and activated it.
          I'm trying to switch away from a form type, into a more narrative type
          spec anyway.
          This again reinforces the value of a forum like this. I know nothing
          about OCR software and had unsuccessfully tried a couple of demos, but I
          was using one that was designed for images more than text. Omni Page did
          a perfect job the first try.
          Thanks,
          Carey

          Bill Blake wrote:

          > We use a program called OmniForm to fill out spec forms, permit applications, etc. You can scan any form and fill it out on the computer, then print it in it's original format. Also, each form you fill out is stored as a record which can be edited later. The next time you fill out the form you can just edit an old one for a similar job. Find out more about it at http://www.caere.com/products/productsOF.htm
          >
          > Bill

        • Carey J. Stanly
          Message 4 of 15 , Oct 1, 1998
            Joe,
            The CSI format is the direction I'm working on. I haven't found much
            help from their web site in the past. I did buy a program called
            QuickSpec, that is not worth the money $75. If you get any further info
            let me know and I will do the same.
            Thanks
            Carey

            W6JOE wrote:

            > Hi Carey,
            >
            > I'm working on this issue right now. There does appear to be some software
            > available, but I haven't really checked it out yet.
            >
            > I assume you are aware of the CSI -- Construction Specification Institute.
            > They are the folks who have put together what is known as the CSI

          • Erik Buttars
            Message 5 of 15 , Oct 1, 1998
              Hi Dave, Even though we are in different country's I would like to sight
              a copy of the way you prepare your forms as a matter of general
              interest. I can collect a couple of contractural variations from this
              end and email them to you if you like. By the way, do you have a
              nickname? say Ali Gator!
              TTFN from down under
              Erik Buttars

              BGator@... wrote:

              > Hi Carey
              > As far as the specs goes for the entire project, I've taken a
              > standard set of forms that the banks use, and put them into my word processor.
              > Its a Materials Specfications List, that calls out everything from the footers
              > to the appliances. I simply print it out and fill in the blanks. It only takes
              > about 10 minutes per project. If thats what you're looking for, I can e-mail
              > you the file, and you can easilt remove my name from the form and insert your
              > name.
              > If your looking for something to make up the door and window
              > schedules, then all I can suggest is to make a pl. file just for that purpose.
              >
              > Dave Gaither

            • Hugh McCoy
              Message 6 of 15 , Oct 1, 1998
                Hi all,
                Just remembered that Threshold Forms has a bunch of builder forms for sale. Included is an 18 page specification form. Have not used their software so can't testify one way or the other. It is pricey @ $144 but might be worth it if you are a builder or construction manager. Their web site is www.swcp.com/threshold/

                Does anybody have any first hand experience with their product?

                Hugh McCoy

                -----
                See the original message at http://www.egroups.com/list/chief-users/?start=52

                Message 7 of 15 , Oct 1, 1998
                  In a message dated 10/1/98 1:15:24 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
                  hmccoy@... writes:

                  << Would you e-mail me the Spec file also.

                  Hi Hugh

                  Here tis, I hope it might help a little. You can make
                  any changes to this file that you might need. Pleasr remember to remove my
                  name, etc., before you print and use it.

                  Dave
                • BGator@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 15 , Oct 1, 1998
                    Hi Folks
                    It seems that I just inadvertantly sent my Materials
                    Specifications List to the entire group. Download em if you need em. Sorry for
                    the clutter in your mailbox.

                    Dave Gaither

                    Message 9 of 15 , Oct 1, 1998
                      In a message dated 9/30/98 7:43:58 PM Pacific Daylight Time, BGator@...
                      writes:

                      << I've taken a
                      standard set of forms that the banks use, and put them into my word
                      processor.
                      Its a Materials Specfications List, >>

                      Dave:

                      If you don't mind I'd like a copy also.

                      Thanks,
                      Matt

                    • Matt Kennedy
                      Message 10 of 15 , Oct 1, 1998
                        In a message dated 9/30/98 7:43:58 PM Pacific Daylight Time, BGator@...
                        > writes:
                        >
                        > << I've taken a
                        > standard set of forms that the banks use, and put them into my word
                        > processor.
                        > Its a Materials Specfications List, >>
                        >
                        > Dave:
                        >
                        > If you don't mind I'd like a copy also.
                        >
                        > Thanks,
                        > Matt

                        And thanks Caleb. I never noticed the missing last leter, so Dave, can you e-mail me that spec file @ MKDesignCo@...?

                        Thanks
                        Matt______________________________________________________________________

                        > Subscribe, unsubscribe, opt for a daily digest, or start a new e-group
                        > at http://www.eGroups.com -- Free Web-based e-mail groups.

                        -----
                        See the original message at http://www.egroups.com/list/chief-users/?start=99

                      • Chuck Shaffer
                        Message 11 of 15 , Nov 22, 1998
                          Just catching up on some very old messages, and I was hoping if someone could send me a copy of this file as well.

                          Chuck Shaffer

                          -----
                          See the original message at http://www.egroups.com/list/chief-users/?start=64