[chief-users] Re: Y2K Windows thing

  • Steve Callaway
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 1999
      My PC didn't have the option showing 4 'y's so I typed it in.
      When I exited and the returned it showed up with the new format.

      Regards
      Steve
      =============================
      Avon Valley Drafting Service
      Northam - Western Australia
      Steve Callaway
      Phone/Fax (08) 9622 2816
      Mobile 0419 909 485
      e-mail stevecal@...
      =============================

      ----------
      > From: Marantco@...
      > To: chief-users@egroups.com
      > Subject: [chief-users] Y2K Windows thing
      > Date: Wednesday, 1 September 1999 11:35
      >
      > Aloha everyone - this is an important email that I received. I have
      checked
      > it out with techs, fixed my own computer and it is legitimate.
      > If you use WIndows, you need to reset because of a Y2K glitch - it can
      crash
      > - it's
      > easy to do - just follow the instructions.
      >
      > IMPORTANT, NOT A JOKE, LOOK AT THIS, Y2K Information. This is a solid bit
      of
      > information. Windows 95, 98 and NT are all programmed to DEFAULT in the
      year
      > 2000, even though the 'hardware' is OK. You can easily reset your
      windows
      > '95, '98 or NT so it will work OK, by following the instructions below,
      from
      > Tasha Cady, an engineer at Honeywell.
      >
      > tasha.cady@... MS: L38B9
      > Subject: FW: Windows worldwide is defaulted to fail Y2KTHOUGHT YOU MIGHT
      BE
      > INTERESTED IN THE FOLLOWING CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!
      > Double Click on "My Computer"
      > Double Click on " Control Panel"
      > Double Click on "Regional Settings" icon.
      > Click on "Date" tab at the top of the page.
      > Where it says, "Short Date Sample", look and see if it shows a "two
      digit"
      > year. Of course it does. That's the default setting for Windows 95,
      Windows

    • RMDrafting@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 8, 1999
        Microsoft has addressed this to some extent in various patches that they've
        put out. Some have clamed to fix it and don't etc, but some of them will...
        sorta. I know one of Norton's things will fix several of these things.

        With windows '95 / '98 things like this are not realy that critical for one
        major reason. The rest of it isn't compatable anyways. There are things much
        deeper in the core that even to this minute do not fuction right on the roll
        over. Around the middle of december get all the patches and updates you can
        and you'll live!

        Caleb

        > How many people know about it? How many people know to change that?
        > What will be the effect? Who knows.

        Caleb Maclennan
        Designer/Draftsman
        The Design & Build Center