Virtual Walkthroughs in Final View

  • red94gs
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 1, 2004
      Is it possible to have "Final View" on permanently while manuevering
      through the plan in camera view? I'm just not happy with the quality
      of textures without it. Any suggestions?
    • Bill Blake
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 1, 2004
        No. Make sure you have your Render/Texture Filter preferences set to Linear
        / Linear Mipmap Linear. Also, if your 3D accelerator supports
        anti-aliasing, try turning that on.

        Bill Blake

        Is it possible to have "Final View" on permanently while manuevering
        through the plan in camera view? I'm just not happy with the quality
        of textures without it. Any suggestions?

        =
        = Chief-Users Contact List:
        =
        = Chief-Tangent Group: (for off-topic discussions)
        =

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Tim O'Donnell
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 1, 2004
          preferences>render>check any/all boxes you want to use in the
          preview...you can set it up identical to a final view if you want...I
          have my preview/final view settings the same with the exception of the
          shadows, which i have turned off in the preview...

          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 1, 2004
            Tim,

            Are you able to move the camera at any sort of reasonable speed with those
            settings in preview mode? If I check 'smooth edges' it slows my frame rate
            to a crawl. I can imagine having shadows turned on would be R E A L L Y
            slow.

            Bill

            Bill Blake wrote:

            >No. Make sure you have your Render/Texture Filter preferences set to
            Linear
            >/ Linear Mipmap Linear. Also, if your 3D accelerator supports
            >anti-aliasing, try turning that on.
            >
            >Bill Blake

            ---
            Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

            ---
          • Bill Shideler
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 1, 2004
              Hi Bill,

              I can run through a render view without much slow down at all, but I am
              running a video card with 256 megs of RAM on board. I have all the settings
              checked except for shadows.

              Maybe it's time to upgrade?<G>

              ;^)

              Bill Shideler
              Homes By Design
              http://www.HomesByDesign.ws
              Vancouver, Washington
              360.254.0972

              http://groups.yahoo.com/group/chief-users/database?method=reportRows&tbl=7
              > =
              > = Chief-Tangent Group: (for off-topic discussions)
              > =
              >
              > Yahoo! Groups Links
              >

              > ---
              >
              > ---

              > =
              > = Chief-Users Contact List:
              > =
              http://groups.yahoo.com/group/chief-users/database?method=reportRows&tbl=7
              > =
              > = Chief-Tangent Group: (for off-topic discussions)
              > =
              >
              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Bill Blake
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 1, 2004
                Bill S.,

                Ouch. "Back in the day" my 128MB GeForce4 Ti 4600 wasn't bad... maybe it
                is about time to upgrade...

                Bill B.

                > Are you able to move the camera at any sort of reasonable speed with those
                > settings in preview mode? If I check 'smooth edges' it slows my frame
                rate
                > to a crawl. I can imagine having shadows turned on would be R E A L L Y
                > slow.
                >
                > Bill

                =
                = Chief-Users Contact List:
                =

                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 2, 2004
                  depends on the size of the model, your video card, its resources,
                  etc.... a model with 3,000,000-4,000,000 surfaces in it is bound to be
                  slower than one with only few hundred thousand surfaces...