Re: [chief-users] Troublesome CAD Survey

  • Tim O'Donnell
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 1, 2004
      for those following this thread......the file was done using ACAD
      Land....so...Land Object Enablers for ACAD ( AutoDesk plug in for ACAD
      used to read these files) needed to be used to explode the file so ACAD,
      TCAD, and Chief could read it....

      Walter Fuller wrote:

      >Bill, if you still need help, send it along to walter@...

    • Bill Shideler
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 1, 2004
        Hi,

        I want to thank everyone for the help they have offered in getting this CAD
        survey to import into Chief.

        I sent the file to Tim O'Donnell and he discovered he had to load something
        called ACADLand object enabler in order for AutoCAD2004 to see it. He
        exploded it several times and was able to extract it to a plan file.

        My thanks also to Jim Lawes, Steve Mason and Walter Fuller who also offered
        their help on this.

        What a GREAT group of people we have here! If anyone thinks they can do
        better with another software, I challenge them to find a group that is so
        supportive ANYWHERE else!

        Thanks Again Everyone.

        8^)

        Bill Shideler