Re: [chief-users] Openings in walls

  • Fitch R. Williams
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1 3:56 AM
      On Sun, 1 Aug 2004 18:09:40 +1200, "Tony Wheal" <tonywheal@...>
      wrote:

      >Lane,
      >
      >If I read you email right, you should be able to do that with:
      >
      >1. internal window in the wall, or better:
      >2. door in wall. Then (in elevation view) pull the bottom up to the top of
      >the bench (then you can have bifold style etc to close it up)
      >
      >Tony Wheal
      >Christchurch

      That works. Or, if it doesn't need to be closable, a doorway, installed
      as you suggest. Casing can be suppressed if that fits the decor better.

      Fitch
    • Eugene Rodgers
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1 6:19 AM
        I just created a window and checked the no glass in the material dbx. I'm
        not sure how to do the counter, but I'm betting the polyline solid could do
        it as it appears to do everything else. I have been at this with Chief only
        about 4 months.

        Eugene of Oklahoma

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 1 8:03 AM
          Hi Lane,

          crate the knee-wall with the railing tool, and place the upper portion of
          the wall with the slab tool, it's as easy as this :-)

          Helmuth

          I have a remodel/addition project for which I need some CA 9.5 help:
          I need to design a pass-through in wall (currently a non-load bearing
          exterior wall) between an existing kitchen and a family room addition. The
          pass-through will also have a breakfast bar countertop. I tried using
          railing walls but I need to have wall space over the pass-through from which
          to hang wall cabinets in the kitchen. I thought I was pretty good with CA,
          but this one has me stumped. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

          Lane Abenroth
          Abenroth Builders
          1720 Clay Ct
          Walla Walla, WA 99362