Re: Crashes with latest Beta patch

  • dpotter1@austin.rr.com
    Message 1 of 48 , Mar 1, 2004
      Chris,

      I wish you were not having trouble with Chief. I am sorry for that. I
      wish you well, prosperity and all the good things that life has to
      offer. I wish that Windows had no bugs or security holes. I wish that
      PC's were as good as Mac's. I wish that all the children of the world
      would hold hands and sing "Joy to the World" in harmony and peace
      forever. I wish you would talk to Tech Support or seek other
      professional help rather than continue to roll on this forums floor
      yelling "Look what ART did to poor little me!!!". Maybe there is
      something wrong with your PC: When was the last time you dusted and
      cleaned the interior of the PC's case and its components (causes
      excess heat which causes components to over heat and become
      unstable)? Do you have enough system RAM installed (insufficient RAM
      causes any version of Windows to become unstable) ? Are your hard
      drives so full that causes Windows to become unstable? Do you have a
      virus or worm that might be causing system instability, are you sure?
      Have you recently updated any system drivers especially video
      drivers? (bad or corrupted video drivers can effect an entire
      system's stability) Are your hard drives heavily fragmented (a common
      cause of instability)? It may be your main hard drive is about to go
      out (system oddities and instabilities precede such an occurrence).
      Even if you and your stuff can walk on water I would prefer that you
      take it up with ART directly as they have guys on their payroll to
      hear and log complaints and Tech Support staff who make their living
      helping poor sods like yourself. Speaking entirely for myself only, I
      have heard enough, thank you very much. You do something effective
      and constructive, OK?

      DJP

      --- In chief-users@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Scott" <c_sonoma@v...>
      wrote:
      > --- In chief-users@yahoogroups.com, "dermotdempsey" <dermotd@c...>
      > wrote:
      > > It is entirely possible that you have found a new problem that is
      > in 9.53 and is not in 9.52. This is why we have pre-release
      versions
      > of the updates, to determine whether or not there were any new
      > problems introduced.
      >

      > Dermot:
      > I did not know that ART provided a disclosure to the 9.53 or other
      > pre-release patches that mentions the policies and disclaimers
      > associated with these versions of ART's patches. I would like to
      > read it so I might know the specifics. I reread the 9.53 Notes and
      > did not see it there nor on the Announcements section of Chieftalk
      > forum. Could you tell me where I might find it? or send me a
      copy?

      > Chris
      > Sonoma, Calif.
    • Peter & Lenita Brown