Re: [chief-users] window symbol problem

  • ank345
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 1 5:28 PM
      I GIVE UP ! 8-( !!!!!!!

      Sorry guys the symbol creation is a disaster!, May be we have to accept to this symbol can only be 'Millwork' instead of 'window.' I notice that chief only accept door or window without frame or casing ! Frame and casing will be automatically supply by the system.
      can some one from ART clarify this ?

      ank345 wrote:

      > Larry,
      > I show two images is because I have problem if I create 'window', the second image is.... if I create Mill works and attached it on to a pre drawn arched door way. I will try it out to Tim's way and see how. ....
      >
      > Larry Kumpost wrote:
      >
      > > Tim:
      > >
      > > That may be the case but he did post two images, one with the problem and one without. I have had this happen with arch top windows that were created in Chief (not a imported symbol) so I thought I would mention it.
      > >
      > > If the same symbol was used in both views, the one with the problem and the one without, then it would be a good idea to send the files to ART. Only Alan knows the answer to that one. ;o)
      > >
      > > It hasn't happened to me lately but when it did the only thing I could figure out is that it depended on what kind of mood Chief, or my computer...or both were in that day. In other words, I didn't have a clue. ;o)
      > >
      > > Larry K.

      Alan Cheng

      Megatop D'sign and Renovation
      http://www.geocities.com/megatopdesign/
      Moderator of DIY corner
      http://www.usj.com.my
    • Tim O'Donnell
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 2 7:44 AM
        Alan,

        take a camera shot right down the wall (parallel to it) to see if the
        window is in fact set into the wall, not just outside of it...from the
        image you posted, it looks like your y origin is putting the interior
        surface outside the exterior (thus the "bay" look)..the y origin can be
        used to adjust the windows in/out position in the wall..positive values
        move it into the wall and negative away from it....to tweak the symbol,
        use the open symbol tool and check the specify origin box and try
        adjusting the y origin..make sure you rebuild after you make
        adjustments, so the camera view is updated..

        Tim O'D

        ank345 wrote:

        >Tim,
        >Your way only works for the exterior, the interior still have problem!
        >see the file uploaded.....
        >

        >--
        >Alan Cheng

      • ank345