Re: [chief-users] More wall stuff

  • Glenn Woodward
    Message 1 of 12 , May 1, 2003
      Ellis,

      I have come in a bit late to this conversation but it appears that you are
      using the wall hatch tool to hatch a custom wall type - that's the only way
      I can duplicate your problem.
      It may be a stupid question, but wouldn't it be easier to define the custom
      wall type with a hatch in the definition?
      It is my understanding that the hatch wall tool is a hangover from the old
      default wall types that can't be defined with hatching (I don't really
      understand why it's still there).
      It is better not to use the default wall type and by inference, the wall
      hatching tool.

      Just ignore my ranting if I have missed the mark!

      Glenn Woodward
      glennww@...

      Message 2 of 12 , May 1, 2003
        Glenn, I am not sure that you have missed the mark, or whether I am beating
        a dead horse on this issue. But to clarify things, I should have pointed out
        that the door has to be placed AFTER the wall is hatched for it not to be
        able to be selected again. I'm not sure what you are calling a custom wall.
        Using either the default frame wall, the interior-4 wall, or the frame-3 1/2
        wall, I cannot select a door after it has been placed after placing the
        hatching. I guess the answer is to be sure all the doors are exactly where
        you want them before hatching a wall. This is the last I will write on this.
        Thanks for your interest and replies.
        Ellis

      • Peter & Lenita Brown
        Message 3 of 12 , May 1, 2003
          Ellis,
          I hope you don't mind me jumping in on this - I never use the hatching tool
          myself, and understand what Glenn was saying - create a new custom wall type
          in the wall layer dbx.
          I create several per job (as well as my 'standard' ones) to suit different
          situations - and use different hatch patterns as necessary - this way, I
          dont' use the hatch tool at all - I find it a pain!
          Would this help with what you are doing?
          Regards,
          Lenita

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/