Re: [chief-users] Re: landing railing

  • Dennis Gavin
    Message 1 of 20 , Jan 1, 2003
      Tim,

      I think I forgot to thank you for this. It is much appreciated.

      Happy New Year!

      Dennis Gavin

      Message 2 of 20 , Jun 21, 2004
        I keep running in too this problem all the time, and need some advise on
        what is needed too fix this small problem.

        PROBLEM: When working on a model or layout MS seam to know when I'm all most
        finished with a model or layout shuts down the program, some time auto saves
        work and some time it right in the middle of the time frame and I lose all
        my work be it an min or 2 hours of work. It gone and I'm back to sq one.

        Any advise on what too do? I have been trying to save every time I make any
        small change to the layout/ model but I forget to do this all the time.

        Larry

        Message 3 of 20 , Jun 21, 2004
          Dennis:

          If you use a "Landing" the rail of the landing will match the rail defined for the stair. There is no way, I know of, to change the rail type for just the landing.

          If you want to change the rail for the landing (and not the stair) then you should use a small deck for the landing set at the correct height.

          Larry K.

          I created a large landing to act as a intermediate deck to get from an upper deck to the ground.
          I cannot select the railing for the landing to make changes. What's up with that?

          Dennis Gavin

        • Larry Kumpost
          Message 4 of 20 , Jun 21, 2004
            Larry S:

            There are two issues here. The first is that Chief should not be crashing on a regular basis. From what you describe, it sounds like Chief starts crashing as the file gets bigger. This could be a problem with your computer hardware or setup and for anyone to help you should describe the system.

            The second issue is Auto Save settings. What time interval do you have set for "Auto Save"? Click on the "Preferences" tool, or select "Edit/Preferences" from the drop-down menu, and click on "General". The Auto Save setting is at the top. It is still a good idea to save often. ;o)

            Larry K.

            I keep running in too this problem all the time, and need some advise on
            what is needed too fix this small problem.

            PROBLEM: When working on a model or layout MS seam to know when I'm all most
            finished with a model or layout shuts down the program, some time auto saves
            work and some time it right in the middle of the time frame and I lose all
            my work be it an min or 2 hours of work. It gone and I'm back to sq one.

            Any advise on what too do? I have been trying to save every time I make any
            small change to the layout/ model but I forget to do this all the time.

            Larry

          • Peter & Lenita Brown
            Message 5 of 20 , Jun 21, 2004
              Larry,
              The best remedy for losing work is to save, save, save!
              Use F3 as regularly as you possibly can - it will truly help to avoid losing
              your work.
              You need to investigate why you are having so many crashes - something
              doesn't sound right.
              Good luck!
              Regards,
              Lenita

              http://groups.yahoo.com/group/chief-users/database?method=reportRows&tbl=7
              > =
              > = Chief-Tangent Group: (for off-topic discussions)
              > =
              >
              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Jim Mills

                > I keep running in too this problem all the time, and need some advise on
                > what is needed too fix this small problem.
                >
                > PROBLEM: When working on a model or layout MS seam to know when I'm all
                most
                > finished with a model or layout shuts down the program, some time auto
                saves
                > work and some time it right in the middle of the time frame and I lose all
                > my work be it an min or 2 hours of work. It gone and I'm back to sq one.
                >
                > Any advise on what too do? I have been trying to save every time I make
                any
                > small change to the layout/ model but I forget to do this all the time.
                >
                > Larry

                =
                = Chief-Users Contact List:
                =
                = Chief-Tangent Group: (for off-topic discussions)
                =

                Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

              • Larry S. Saint Cyr
                Message 7 of 20 , Jun 21, 2004
                  Thank Lenita, I was told that CA does take allot of the computer resources,
                  and you basically need to turn off all the programs that the computer is
                  running in order for CA to work. I was think that I may have to increase
                  the memory from 512k to about a 1 g or better.
                  Larry

                  > I keep running in too this problem all the time, and need some advise on
                  > what is needed too fix this small problem.
                  >
                  > PROBLEM: When working on a model or layout MS seam to know when I'm all
                  most
                  > finished with a model or layout shuts down the program, some time auto
                  saves
                  > work and some time it right in the middle of the time frame and I lose all
                  > my work be it an min or 2 hours of work. It gone and I'm back to sq one.
                  >
                  > Any advise on what too do? I have been trying to save every time I make
                  any
                  > small change to the layout/ model but I forget to do this all the time.
                  >
                  > Larry

                  &tbl=7>
                  > &tbl=7
                  > =
                  > = Chief-Tangent Group: (for off-topic discussions)
                  > =
                  >

                  > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                  <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1296a1p9a/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=gr

                  oups/S=1705007389:HM/EXP=1087925391/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*http://comp
                  > anion.yahoo.com> click here

                  > :HM/A=2128215/rand=814696171>
                  >

                  > _____
                  >
                  > Yahoo! Groups Links

                  > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

                  > =
                  > = Chief-Users Contact List:
                  > =
                  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/chief-users/database?method=reportRows
                  &tbl=7
                  > =
                  > = Chief-Tangent Group: (for off-topic discussions)
                  > =
                  >
                  > Yahoo! Groups Links

                  =
                  = Chief-Users Contact List:
                  &tbl=7
                  =
                  = Chief-Tangent Group: (for off-topic discussions)
                  =

                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                  <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129hkolmc/M=298184.5022502.6152625.3001176/D=gr
                  oups/S=1705007389:HM/EXP=1087949274/A=2164339/R=0/SIG=11e2d64in/*http://www.
                  netflix.com/Default?mqso=60183348> click here

                  <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5022502.6152625.3001176/D=groups/S=
                  :HM/A=2164339/rand=596494072>

                  _____

                  Yahoo! Groups Links

                  <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

                • milts mail
                  Message 8 of 20 , Jun 21, 2004
                    Larry: it is crash city with less than 512K.
                    Trust me, I know!!!
                    Milt

                    > I keep running in too this problem all the time, and need some advise on
                    > what is needed too fix this small problem.
                    >
                    > PROBLEM: When working on a model or layout MS seam to know when I'm all
                    most
                    > finished with a model or layout shuts down the program, some time auto
                    saves
                    > work and some time it right in the middle of the time frame and I lose all
                    > my work be it an min or 2 hours of work. It gone and I'm back to sq one.
                    >
                    > Any advise on what too do? I have been trying to save every time I make
                    any
                    > small change to the layout/ model but I forget to do this all the time.
                    >
                    > Larry

                    &tbl=7>
                    > &tbl=7
                    > =
                    > = Chief-Tangent Group: (for off-topic discussions)
                    > =
                    >

                    > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                    <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1296a1p9a/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=gr

                    oups/S=1705007389:HM/EXP=1087925391/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*http://comp
                    > anion.yahoo.com> click here

                    > :HM/A=2128215/rand=814696171>
                    >

                    > _____
                    >
                    > Yahoo! Groups Links

                    > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

                    > =
                    > = Chief-Users Contact List:
                    > =
                    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/chief-users/database?method=reportRows
                    &tbl=7
                    > =
                    > = Chief-Tangent Group: (for off-topic discussions)
                    > =
                    >
                    > Yahoo! Groups Links

                    =
                    = Chief-Users Contact List:
                    &tbl=7
                    =
                    = Chief-Tangent Group: (for off-topic discussions)
                    =

                    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                    <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129hkolmc/M=298184.5022502.6152625.3001176/D=gr
                    oups/S=1705007389:HM/EXP=1087949274/A=2164339/R=0/SIG=11e2d64in/*http://www.
                    netflix.com/Default?mqso=60183348> click here

                    <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5022502.6152625.3001176/D=groups/S=
                    :HM/A=2164339/rand=596494072>

                    _____

                    Yahoo! Groups Links

                    <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

                    =
                    = Chief-Users Contact List:
                    =
                    = Chief-Tangent Group: (for off-topic discussions)
                    =

                    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                    ---

                  • Dennis Gavin

                      Message 10 of 20 , Jun 23, 2004
                        Thanks Larry! I was trying to have the landing be masonry with a different style railing.

                        Message 11 of 20 , Jun 29, 2004
                          I hate to loose work, and after my first loss i went into
                          preferences and clicked the general tab and reset the autosave to 10
                          minutes. this can save a couple of hours work; i think the program
                          was origionally set at 120 minutes. I hope this helps.
                          Glen M

                          Lenita Brown <petenlen@m...> wrote:Larry,
                          > The best remedy for losing work is to save, save, save!
                          > Use F3 as regularly as you possibly can - it will truly help to
                          avoid losing
                          > your work.
                          > You need to investigate why you are having so many crashes -
                          something
                          > doesn't sound right.
                          > Good luck!
                          > Regards,
                          > Lenita

                          method=reportRows

                          method=reportRows&tbl=7>
                          > > &tbl=7
                          > > =
                          > > = Chief-Tangent Group: (for off-topic discussions)
                          > > =
                          > >

                          > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                          <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1296a1p9a/M=295196.4901138.6071305.300117
                          6/D=gr

                          oups/S=1705007389:HM/EXP=1087925391/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*http:
                          //comp
                          > > anion.yahoo.com> click here
                          > >

                          > <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
                          M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=groups/S=
                          > > :HM/A=2128215/rand=814696171>
                          > >

                          > > _____
                          > >
                          > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                          subject=Unsubscribe>

                          Service

                          > > =
                          > > = Chief-Users Contact List:
                          > > =
                          > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/chief-users/database?
                          method=reportRows&tbl=7
                          > > =
                          > > = Chief-Tangent Group: (for off-topic discussions)
                          > > =
                          > >
                          > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                          > =
                          > = Chief-Users Contact List:
                          method=reportRows&tbl=7
                          > =
                          > = Chief-Tangent Group: (for off-topic discussions)
                          > =
                          >

                          > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                          Service.