Electrical Layout Help 3-way, 4-way switches

  • tlcofmd
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2002
      Bill,
      Thanks for the spline tip.. I'll have to try that. I agree that
      Chief's automatic Connect tool lacks a little professional appeal.
      If only we were able to adjust and reverse the degree of the arc...
      that would be great!
      TLC

      Confused,
      Yep that will happen if you use the Chief wires. .......... I
      see you
      figured it out. I have given up on Chiefs wiring tool all together.
      Here
      is how I place electrical symbols and do the wiring.

      I have loaded up the my-electircal part of the library with the most
      common
      items I use, that is, switches, outlets, lights, smoke detcors, etc.
      It is
      really handy having them all in one place. I can quickly select and
      place
      the items from it onto the plan. For the wiring I have set up a
      layer with
      the appoperate line type and color. With that layer active I use the
      spline
      command with the unrestricted feature. It takes about 2 or 3 points
      for
      line. The beauty of the spline is you can make the line conform to
      your
      needs and not be crossing over walls and everything else or chaning
      the
      switch. Using the spline for the wires goes pretty fast and gives
      you a
      smarter looking plan (in my opinion).

      Bill Wakefield